DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Waterfall Fly Over

N8longly

Reactions
Hello everyone, hopefully I'm posting this in the right location and won't have my post deleted :oops: I'm new to the forum and somewhat new to drone photography/videography. I did this short video of a waterfall near my hometown. Feedback/constructive criticism is welcome. I know I had a little tick while backing away from the falls and I wish I would have redone the shot but my batteries were running low. Hope you all enjoy :)

Nice shots but this is not a vid just clips- collect more good clips and edit together with music add a title and you will got a vid.
Welcome to the forum!

Ciao Rob

You can fix the ‘tick’ with some keyframing and slight scale increase to fill the frame. Shooting UHD, exporting at 1080p provides plenty of leeway. Adjust your sensitivity and gimbal settings to smooth out controls. Default settings are sharp and quick, which makes for jumpy video.

Amazing capture! Thumbswayup

Reactions: WAXMAN
Cool subject.

I would suggest that getting more altitude in the beginning and/or panning up to look downstream at the horizon would help to better illustrate the magnitude of the falls.

You can fix the ‘tick’ with some keyframing and slight scale increase to fill the frame. Shooting UHD, exporting at 1080p provides plenty of leeway. Adjust your sensitivity and gimbal settings to smooth out controls. Default settings are sharp and quick, which makes for jumpy video.
The first sequence is very dark in the trees.No details seen. Increase the exposure, or the shadow details. I'd open up the shadows if your are using Premiere Pro. Add a few more clips and a little music and you will be all set. Very nice falls shot in the 2nd sequence.

The first sequence is very dark in the trees.No details seen. Increase the exposure, or the shadow details. I'd open up the shadows if your are using Premiere Pro. Add a few more clips and a little music and you will be all set. Very nice falls shot in the 2nd sequence.

In my experience, lifting crushed darker tones out of these compression schemes results in a lot of color noise. Still worth a try though. I had a very similar scene with a waterfall. They're often very contrasty subjects given that the water is white. There's a lot more latitude in lifting shadows than recovering highlights (which is almost nil). It's a tough balance, but if you expose for the midtones, that's the best you can do.

Compare the color in the original clips to your exported clips to see if it got contrasty in your editing process. I'm afraid there's not much you can do with the crushed dark shadows in the first clip, but you may be able to lift some detail out of the trees. Add some saturation as well, particularly after 'brightening'. Saturation is a good distractor from other issues in the scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for sharing, I my screen looked a little out of focus, might have been a resolution issue. But I love the waterfalls.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan