DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro went rogue

CJEllijay

Reactions
Hello all,

First time poster and new owner of a Mavic Pro.

I'm sure this is something I did incorrectly, though I don't know what, and thought I'd post it here for help.

I live in a mountain community in north Georgia that is fairly wooded.

On my third day of owning my drone I was flying in tripod mode with the drone about 7 feet in front of me, and about 6 feet off of the ground. I was filming walking down my driveway when without warning, or any input to my controller, the drone shot straight up in the air at a high rate of speed and crashed and got stuck in some branches about 80 feet above me.

As it was ascending I attempted to put it in pause/hover mode but no matter what inputs I attempted nothing worked.

I eventually dislodged the drone with some long lost tennis skills however it hit the ground fairly hard and damaged the gimbal, leg and some other minor issues.

It's been sent back for repair but I'm wondering what sent the drone into a high speed climb and crash.

Also, I checked my flight logs and I does not show the drone climbing rapidly, which worries me for the repair as I sent it back as an item error and not operator error.

Thanks for any assistance.

CJ

I don't have any idea why, quite confused myself. What FW is your Mavic?

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

Dumb question maybe but just to get it out of equation, sounds like it tried to do a "return to home", where you low on battery?

Screenshot_20171108-075437.png

Working on downloading TXT flight log but removed DJI GO 4 because this has started popping up yesterday.

The link to how to download the TXT says to connect my drone to my computer however the drone has been sent for repair.

Take another look at those instructions very carefully. They explain how to find the TXT flight log on your mobile device. There is no mention of connecting a drone.

Reactions: Bunny Too
View attachment 24532

Working on downloading TXT flight log but removed DJI GO 4 because this has started popping up yesterday.

The link to how to download the TXT says to connect my drone to my computer however the drone has been sent for repair.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually not a virus. It's a well known issue. I don't want to step over the line so I'll stop there.

Anyway, have you find out what firmware is your Mavic?

Too bad you've deleted your Go4 App. Did you only uninstall it or completely remove everything related to it? If you only uninstalled it, you may still find the data in Flight Record. If you've completely removed everything, the only data we can get is from the .dat file from the Mavic itself.

Too bad you've deleted your Go4 App. Did you only uninstall it or completely remove everything related to it? If you only uninstalled it, you may still find the data in Flight Record. If you've completely removed everything, the only data we can get is from the .dat file from the Mavic itself.

I deleted everything as I didn't like the new warnings coming up on my phone about viruses. However, it appears that I found the flight files per the link above.

I really appreciate everyones help, and thank god my wife is more phone/computer literate than I am. :)

I spent 25+ years as an ATC at the busiest airport in the world.....but I can't use my S7 Edge or my laptop to save my life.

Reactions: CX15
Under About it states

APP 4.1.15
Aircraft N/A
Remote Controller N/A
APP Database 01.00.01.07
Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05
The one I am interested in is the Aircraft. Did you upgrade it to the latest firmware? If yes, then it's 4.000

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
When I flew the day of the crash I had just updated the firmware the day before and didn't have any notice that new firmware was available.

When I flew the day of the crash I had just updated the firmware the day before and didn't have any notice that new firmware was available.
Ok thanks. It's more than likely you are on FW 4.000. I seem to notice this FW got serious bugs. For those who hasn't upgraded yet to this latest FW, it's probably a good idea to wait out a while.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven