DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro will not connect.

PCHBird

Reactions
My wife bought me a Mavic Pro in May for my birthday. Due to business travel I was not able to play with it until June. My problem is the DJI Go app will not connect to the Mavic. The app says “disconnected.”

I was able to connect the DJI Go app to the drone via WiFi by scanning the QR code.

I went over the procedure many times. I took it back to Best Buy thinking it is defective, but they would not let me return the item as it was over 14 days. I wish it was purchased at Costco!

Anyways, I need to get this bird flying as I planned on taking it on vacation in about a month.

I previously owned a Phantom 4 which disconnected and never returned from home. I’m hoping this is not another DJI disaster.

Any ideas on what could be going on? Is it something simple in the set up I may have missed? I tried delinking the RC and drone as well no luck.

If anyone could help me I’m in So Cal.

The most simple is to use a cable connection from your device to the RC. Wifi from device to Mavic will give you ridiculous range.
What device and how you connected it to the RC?

Also, check the tiny switch inside the sd card cover that switches from WiFi to RC mode.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
The switch is set to RC, and I used the PolarPro USB cable to connect the RC to the drone.

I take the gimple clamps off, fold out the arms, but I do not install the last two propellers

I turn on the RC then the drone then the DJI app.
I select Mavic Pro as the device and the screen pops up on my phone but there is no camera view and the message says disconnected.

If I take a different route, I scan the QR code and in WiFi mode I can get the camera view to show.

I went into the DJI app selected the delink function and pressed the button by the SD card to relink. It does not confirm the device was relinked, but like I said in WiFi mode I do get camera views.

I hope this helps, and the issue is something simple that is not explained in the manuals.

You can only use one of the USB ports at a time on the RC. If you are using the bottom usb, there can be nothing plugged into the side. Not even an empty cable. And vise versa

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Check.

Only one usb to thunderbolt cable. No other wired connection

Keep the suggestions coming!

Make sure the cable you are using to connect the RC to your phone is a data cable and not just a charger cable.
Try the appropriate cable supplied by DJI with the MP and if that doesn't work, then you may need to get a hold of DJI.

I played some more this morning. Maybe some clues here.

When I enter the DJI Go app there is no option for camera view that shows up. Only an option to enter device.

I also tried relinking the RC by going into the RC icon in the DJI Go app and choosing the relinking button. After viewer Ng some posts on relinking I realize it is not relinking. It just sits there and says relinking but no options pop up to set master/slave and such.

Others I hope have had similar issues and maybe could shed some light on this. My confidence in DJI has plummeted to 20% after loosing a phantom 4 to a disconnect and now having connection isssues with this Mavic. I hope some competitor will come up with a reliable drone that has 80 percent of the Mavic capabilities. I would jump ship in a heartbeat. I can not afford to throw $2000 worth of drones in the trash.

Please help if you can.

I'm having the same issue
Not getting a camera image and won't connect
Worked fine before the last firmware upgrade
Getting tired of the updates that create more issues then they solve.

I gotta believe DJI is aware of these issues by now. They either don’t care or their software developers aren’t good enough to troubleshoot the issue.

I am hoping someone smart can get to the bottom of this so all of us with disconnected products can benefit.

I have a new Mavic air and I also was having issues connecting. But try not connecting the cable from connector to your phone until the software tells you to. That's where my mistake was. Look for step #3 connect the rc cable to the rc.

I played some more this morning. Maybe some clues here.

When I enter the DJI Go app there is no option for camera view that shows up. Only an option to enter device.

I also tried relinking the RC by going into the RC icon in the DJI Go app and choosing the relinking button. After viewer Ng some posts on relinking I realize it is not relinking. It just sits there and says relinking but no options pop up to set master/slave and such.

Others I hope have had similar issues and maybe could shed some light on this. My confidence in DJI has plummeted to 20% after loosing a phantom 4 to a disconnect and now having connection isssues with this Mavic. I hope some competitor will come up with a reliable drone that has 80 percent of the Mavic capabilities. I would jump ship in a heartbeat. I can not afford to throw $2000 worth of drones in the trash.

Please help if you can.
The GO 4 app should automatically show up after you start the remote and then start the drone , then it checks firmware versions and if you are up to date It should say "Go Fly" , not Enter device... did you give it a few seconds while checking for updated firmware? Drone and remote have to be in sync.

Would it being in "Sport Mode" be a problem also?

My wife bought me a Mavic Pro in May for my birthday. Due to business travel I was not able to play with it until June. My problem is the DJI Go app will not connect to the Mavic. The app says “disconnected.”

I was able to connect the DJI Go app to the drone via WiFi by scanning the QR code.

I went over the procedure many times. I took it back to Best Buy thinking it is defective, but they would not let me return the item as it was over 14 days. I wish it was purchased at Costco!

Anyways, I need to get this bird flying as I planned on taking it on vacation in about a month.

I previously owned a Phantom 4 which disconnected and never returned from home. I’m hoping this is not another DJI disaster.

Any ideas on what could be going on? Is it something simple in the set up I may have missed? I tried delinking the RC and drone as well no luck.

You have a great wife to buy you that drone. I had a hard time activating my Mavic pro. Use a computer to update every thing with DJI Assistant 2, Update the drone and controller. What are you using for a video monitor?

Update. I read many threads from different forums and tried just about everything. I took the advice of someone and took the drone to another room in the house. I also put my phone into airplane mode in case this was interfering. It fired right up! I’m not sure whether airplane mode (which shuts off transmissions in the phone) or moving the drone to a quieter part of the house helped.

The issue seems to be related to interference in the House. In my living room I have a lot of devices connected to a WiFi network. The WiFi signals probably block the receiver in the Mavic.

If someone else has this issue try a room with less WiFi signals.

Thanks everyone.

The switch is set to RC, and I used the PolarPro USB cable to connect the RC to the drone.

I take the gimple clamps off, fold out the arms, but I do not install the last two propellers

I turn on the RC then the drone then the DJI app.
I select Mavic Pro as the device and the screen pops up on my phone but there is no camera view and the message says disconnected.

If I take a different route, I scan the QR code and in WiFi mode I can get the camera view to show.

I went into the DJI app selected the delink function and pressed the button by the SD card to relink. It does not confirm the device was relinked, but like I said in WiFi mode I do get camera views.

I hope this helps, and the issue is something simple that is not explained in the manuals.

When I use the RC mode, I start the AC First, then the RC, and finally the DJI Go 4 App. . . everything connects.

I spoke too soon. While everything connected the other night when I moved everything to another room, today I tried to fly the drone and it would not connect again. I went to 3 different remote locations. No luck. Then I took the drone home went to the same room where it connected before and it would not connect. The DJI Go app says disconnected. The RC will also not link. I tried a different iPhone and bought a USB to lightning bolt cable from Polar Pro. No luck.

After screwing with this thing for weeks now, I am no longer able to return it to Best Buy because of their weak 14 day return policy.

Update. I read many threads from different forums and tried just about everything. I took the advice of someone and took the drone to another room in the house. I also put my phone into airplane mode in case this was interfering. It fired right up! I’m not sure whether airplane mode (which shuts off transmissions in the phone) or moving the drone to a quieter part of the house helped.

The issue seems to be related to interference in the House. In my living room I have a lot of devices connected to a WiFi network. The WiFi signals probably block the receiver in the Mavic.

If someone else has this issue try a room with less WiFi signals.

Thanks everyone.
ive said this many times especially if wireless is on 2.4 ghtz,both my mp's kill my wifi in my bedroom

Sorry, but it's not clear to me.

First of all, there must be a connection between RC and AC.
Are they connected?
This is the wireless connection. When this connection is established, you can fly your drone, without any device attached.

If RC cannot connect to AC, then a device with go4 app, is useless.

Second, the device with go4 app, is connected to RC via a cable, so any interference does not affect this connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98