DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro will not initialize, no status lights

Oldfartpilot

Reactions
I had my Mavic Pro apart to replace the vibration board. I accidentally forgot to plug in the GPS board before closing it up. Now I have these symptoms after reattaching the GPS board:

Seems to connect with controller, as the video to iPhone is good and I can toggle from landscape to portrait.

I have no information on controller display. It is blank except for a few icons. There are no status lights at all on rear of drone. The motors continuously pulse very slightly at about a 2 second rate and make a chirp sound. Go 4 app says disconnected, but the video is there.

Can anyone help, before I just sell this nice MP for parts?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to hear of your issues.
I have no idea about what might be the problem if everything is plugged in ok.

Might be worth sending to @djidroneservice for a free quote, they offer a freight paid label for free shipping for assessment, think they even ship back no charge if it's something that can't be resolved or you don't want to / unviable to repair.

It's a shame if it can be brought back to serviceable use.

Sorry to hear of your issues.
I have no idea about what might be the problem if everything is plugged in ok.

Might be worth sending to @djidroneservice for a free quote, they offer a freight paid label for free shipping for assessment, think they even ship back no charge if it's something that can't be resolved or you don't want to / unviable to repair.

It's a shame if it can be brought back to serviceable use.
I am sure that the only issue is that the drone was turned on without the GPS module plugged in. Hoping that someone else has encountered the same issue. Hard to believe that that can brick the drone. Hope someone has had and cured this.

I've had the GPS module unplugged while repairing my gimbal. It usually just goes into opti or atti mode. I plug it back in and gps comes back on. The problem would be if you plug it in when it is still powered on.

I've had the GPS module unplugged while repairing my gimbal. It usually just goes into opti or atti mode. I plug it back in and gps comes back on. The problem would be if you plug it in when it is still powered on.

Thank you for that information. I am sure that it was powered down while plugging/unplugging. It makes a chirping sound and the motors pulse a little at about a 2 second rate. I think that indicates a core board failure. Guess it’s a parts drone now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786