DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic PRO with a ND16 Filter Test

CanyonRunVideos

Reactions
Mavic PRO with a ND16 Filter Test on a cloudy day in Chino Hills, CA.

Y&C ND16, 1080@30fps, ISO 400, Various shutter speed since I the camera settings were on manual model, wind was 11-14 mph.

Last edited:
I would appreciate supporting data such as shutter speed, ISO, recording size and rate. What brand filter.

Thanks.

Hey Alan thanks for your comment. I was shooting at 1080@30fps, ISO 400, shutter speeds were changing during the flight because I was shooting in Manual mode, the brand of filter is Y&C and I purchased them on Ebay.com for $41.00. I did have to take a Dremel tool to sand down the little ridge around the filter housings to allow the Mavic Pro camera gimbal to cycle at startup. This process only takes a few minutes on each filter and in doing so it saves about $20 than the Taco ND Filters. These filters are 100% optical grade glass.

Sunnylife%20ND%20Filters%20for%20the%20MAVIC%20PRO_zpsozv3plmq.jpg
YampC%20ND%20Filter%20Trimming%20Pic_zpsgbx5eclk.jpg

Hey Alan thanks for your comment. I was shooting at 1080@30fps, ISO 400, shutter speeds were changing during the flight because I was shooting in Manual mode, the brand of filter is Y&C and I purchased them on Ebay.com for $41.00. I did have to take a Dremel tool to sand down the little ridge around the filter housings to allow the Mavic Pro camera gimbal to cycle at startup. This process only takes a few minutes on each filter and in doing so it saves about $20 than the Taco ND Filters. These filters are 100% optical grade glass.

Sunnylife%20ND%20Filters%20for%20the%20MAVIC%20PRO_zpsozv3plmq.jpg
YampC%20ND%20Filter%20Trimming%20Pic_zpsgbx5eclk.jpg

Thanks for the data.

Oddly enough another member of this group gave me a set of filters (thanks Frits!) as he bought some that did not have the size issue. He mentioned I had to install after start (bummer) and I immediately replied, Hey! maybe some Dremel work will fix that!

IAC, PolarPro refunded him but told him to keep them. So he gave them to me. Not sure if I want to continue using them because of the gimbal start issue. But a Dremel fix is always a solution (who said all you need in life are ViseGrips, Duct Tape and WD-40?).

Trouble is I don't know precisely what it is I need to remove! Do you find out by running the drone with the filter on?

Reactions: CanyonRunVideos
Thanks for the data.

Oddly enough another member of this group gave me a set of filters (thanks Frits!) as he bought some that did not have the size issue. He mentioned I had to install after start (bummer) and I immediately replied, Hey! maybe some Dremel work will fix that!

IAC, PolarPro refunded him but told him to keep them. So he gave them to me. Not sure if I want to continue using them because of the gimbal start issue. But a Dremel fix is always a solution (who said all you need in life are ViseGrips, Duct Tape and WD-40?).

Trouble is I don't know precisely what it is I need to remove! Do you find out by running the drone with the filter on?

Exactly! However I certainly didn't use Vise-Grips to hold the ND filter when I trimmed the filter housing. I used a 1/4 inch drive 9/16 inch deep socket with some medical tape on the socket.

ND%20Filter%20pic%203_zps1u777fgq.jpg
ND%20Filter%20pic%202_zpsfvz7olgh.jpg
ND%20Filter%20pics%204_zpsabsyfudn.jpg
ND%20filter%20pics%201_zpsqrnol5lb.jpg

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member