DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro with goggles...what does what?

rfc

Reactions
Please excuse the question in the event it's too dumb, but I'm very confused about what does what when combining the goggles with the MavicPro controller.
Does DJI go run ON the goggles? I've read that you can operate the bird w/o an iPhone, so that implies it does. But if you can also operate with both, what does what? Does the RC do the transmission to the bird with the goggles receiving only the video? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
The remote controller is always in control of the Mavic. However, it is possible to activate automated flight modes and/or control the gimbal with head movements via the DJI Goggles. If you're also using DJI GO on a mobile device, it'll function like it does when flying without the DJI Goggles.

Following, because I'm still not clear how everything relates and works. I just know it does!

You can find more information about the DJI Goggles in the videos here and the manual here.

You can find more information about the DJI Goggles in the videos here and the manual here.
Ive read the manual and watched those videos. In the manual it states that when you link the goggles, it connects wirelessly to the aircraft, implying that the return link video comes from the aircraft via Lightbridge to the goggles directly. Could that explain why some have reported "less range" with the goggles than with the RC?
I guess if I had to re-phrase the question it'd be: Do the goggles talk to the aircraft, to the RC, or both? And does the video come back directly, or via the RC?

I join you in your frustrations and questions.

Do the goggles talk to the aircraft, to the RC, or both?
Both.

does the video come back directly, or via the RC?
The video is transmitted directly between the DJI Goggles and the Mavic. I can still see the video even when the remote controller is off.

Other functions require the remote controller to be connected. For example, if I attempt to enable head tracking when the remote controller is disconnected, the DJI Goggles will display a remote controller is disconnected message on the screen.

Reactions: sonof40
Both.

The video is transmitted directly between the DJI Goggles and the Mavic. I can still see the video even when the remote controller is off.

Other functions require the remote controller to be connected. For example, if I attempt to enable head tracking when the remote controller is disconnected, the DJI Goggles will display a remote controller is disconnected message on the screen.
Thank you Sir. That helps. If you do have either an iPhone or Crystal Sky also attached to the RC, are the screen controls available on both "screens", i.e. the touchpad on the goggles and the Crystal Sky screen? I'm assuming all the telemetry, camera and battery data is also available in the goggles, but to be honest, I don't have a clue about that as I've never used them.

If you do have either an iPhone or Crystal Sky also attached to the RC, are the screen controls available on both "screens", i.e. the touchpad on the goggles and the Crystal Sky screen?
The screen on the mobile device is the same whether or not the DJI Goggles are connected.

I'm assuming all the telemetry, camera and battery data is also available in the goggles, but to be honest, I don't have a clue about that as I've never used them.
Check out this video to see what the screen looks like in the DJI Goggles:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochdgs