DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro

panam10

Reactions
I am a new drone user (Mavic Pro). I am having a problem with my videos. When I take a video it shows I’m recording and shows the amount of time of the recording. But, when I try to play it back the video stops after only a few seconds. Any help is much appreciated.

Are you playing back the videos you downloaded from the SD card? What is the size of the files?

I TRIED PLAYING IT BACK ON MY COMPUTER AND FROM THE DRONE. i REPLACED THE 16 G CARD WITH A 64 G CARD AND IT'S THE SAME PROBLEM WITH BOTH

What app are you trying to play the videos in? VLC is a good free media player that you may want to try.

If you filmed in 4K and your computer's video card isn't very good, it may struggle to play them.

You'll need to transfer the file to the PC as transfer from SD card is not fast enough to play live as a rule.
As above an older computer might barely be able to play 4K but a different player might help.
I find Windows Media Player works better than VLC on my borderline laptop.

Reactions: ATLDroner
You'll need to transfer the file to the PC as transfer from SD card is not fast enough to play live as a rule.
As above an older computer might barely be able to play 4K but a different player might help.
I find Windows Media Player works better than VLC on my borderline laptop.

Good to know, I'll have to try WMP instead of VLC on my crappy laptop.

I am new to droning and seem to be having a problem with videos on my mavic pro. Here is my problem . I use a ipad mini 4 as my monitor on the controller. I can play the video back on the ipad but when I take the SD card out of the mavic and put in my computer it stops after only a seconds (20 or 30 ). I tried playing it back on 5 different computers and the same thing.

I have two different SD cards I use. The one that came with the drone. !6 GB Lear 633x 10 micro and a number 1 inside a letter U

The other is a ScanDish Extreme Plus 64 GB V30 with a number 3 inside a letter U. It’s the same thing with both cards.

I don’t think it’s a problem with the computer since it happens on five different computers. And I don’t think it’s the SD cards since it happens on both cards. Now that leads me to believe the problem is either the setting on the drone or perhaps it’s a problem with drone itself.

I just tried an experiment. I took the micro SD Card out of the drone and placed in an adapter then put in in my Canon Digital Camera and did a 20 min video. Then I put in my computer and it worked fine. So the problem seems to be with the drone settings or the drone itself.

Any ideas

Get anything off of those cards you want to keep and format them in the Mavic itself, and try again? Don't format in pc, let the AC do it.
2nd:
Are you shooting @4k? try shooting @ 1080.....and see if that changes anything.

High speed writing especially @4k, not all class cards are the same. You need at least an 80/mb write speed....

Thanks for the come back. I tried both suggestions and I still have the problem. It’s got to be something else.

What app are you trying to play the videos in? VLC is a good free media player that you may want to try.

If you filmed in 4K and your computer's video card isn't very good, it may struggle to play them.
I tried the VLC Media Played and that solved my problem...Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329