DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro2 Falls from Sky

IdahoJP

Reactions
My First time posting on this forum but I need to know what Happened. I did a small fight from my house had the drone in sight when two warnings popped up and the drone dropped like a rock onto the road. I know pilot error is most of crashes but I did nothing wrong that I can see. You tell Me. The link is enclosed.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

After looking at other post is over heating the cause?

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 635
Reactions: Former Member
Thanks for looking into this for me. This is my 4th Dji drone I owned the one I hoped to replace the others now Just bummed. Hope DJI does the right thing. Hope they are open on Monday Labor day to get me started.

Thanks for looking into this for me. This is my 4th Dji drone I owned the one I hoped to replace the others now Just bummed. Hope DJI does the right thing. Hope they are open on Monday Labor day to get me started.
You can file an online repair request. You should get a label today that you can send off on Tuesday. But before that, you should have the other experts with time to spare confirm this was a manufacturing defect, so you know what to expect when you send it to DJI.

Hey Bro, sorry about your bird. I’d be super bummed, too!:(
As fast as DJI cranks them out, they’re bound to have some failures. I hope they get you a new one soon.Thumbswayup

Can you retrieve and post the DAT file from the mobile device? The log shows a sudden end, but there is an IMU switch that looks suspect shortly before that, followed by a gimbal error. Other than that there is nothing in the txt log that stands out as odd.

How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

The aircraft DAT files are available in the "Log Export" section of DJI Assistant, but appear to be encrypted - same as the MA.

first thing I seen is your battery at 48% / But I know nothing about these log files .. the dude @sar104 should be here soon and we can all bask in his awesomeness
Yeah, but his log stops at 28% battery. 30% is the default setting for RTH.
Looks to be some unusual deviance between cells. Possible battery failure or accidental CSC.

Looks to be some unusual deviance between cells. Possible battery failure or accidental CSC.
agreed but for a guy who states hes flown all the dji drones etc .. starting a brand new mavic 2 at 48% battery should know way way better .. definitely hope he gets it sorted or an answer but when he stated { This is my 4th Dji drone I owned the one I hoped to replace the others now Just bummed.} worried me as anyone with that much knowledge of drones and how they work should know .. and if you look at the map he flew a nice little distance .. look I hope he gets answers but would you fly it at 48% ?

Speculating without looking at the data is pointless. At the end of the log the smart RTH value was at 17% and the land value was at 12%. 30% is the default low battery warning, not the RTH value, which is calculated on the fly as a function of distance. Neither of those would have caused the log to end suddenly anyway. And there was no CSC at the end of the log - all sticks were centered.

agreed but for a guy who states hes flown all the dji drones etc .. starting a brand new mavic 2 at 48% battery should know way way better .. definitely hope he gets it sorted or an answer but when he stated { This is my 4th Dji drone I owned the one I hoped to replace the others now Just bummed.} worried me as anyone with that much knowledge of drones and how they work should know .. and if you look at the map he flew a nice little distance .. look I hope he gets answers but would you fly it at 48% ?
Yes, I've done it plenty of times when battery life was at a premium.

Reactions: Rodcast and Thwyllo
No, never have started out if it’s less than 80%, unless for simple testing for only a minute or two.

Speculating without looking at the data is pointless. At the end of the log the smart RTH value was at 17% and the land value was at 12%. 30% is the default low battery warning, not the RTH value, which is calculated on the fly as a function of distance. Neither of those would have caused the log to end suddenly anyway. And there was no CSC at the end of the log - all sticks were centered.
Absolutely, we definitely need more data. Hopefully the OP can provide.

Doesn't matter, 48% battery should not matter in the slightest. It'd be a bad idea for a long flight, but it shouldn't make a difference for regular flight

Right - but my point was that you obviously didn't look at the data, otherwise you would not have made those comments.
I cannot see the whole log like you can. My screen is limited.

Doesn't matter, 48% battery should not matter in the slightest. It'd be a bad idea for a long flight, but it shouldn't make a difference for regular flight

Correct. The battery level and the cell voltages were unrelated to this incident.

Reactions: CO17 and Rpeeps
That’s for sharing the log. It’s weird the data just drops off that last line with no real warnings. I’m traveling and stuck on mobile so I can’t look at this too closely right now but am interested to hear more about this one.

Reactions: Drone Master
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots