DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Radio Mods Primer

What is the best remote controller side amp for range? Anyone tried this one:

WiFi Signal Booster Wireless Repeater 2.4GHz 8W 802.11 Extender Range Amplifier 14276886855 | eBay

I have a dragon 4W and that is pretty good but I have a challenging flight to make and would like better signal strength. The flight is from a high point down into a valley a few hundred feet deep. I find the signal drops precipitously as I go over the precipice.

I realize I may not be able to do much about this but thought I'd try the best amp people have found. The drone is not modified in terms of radio.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
That amp is good, but honestly you should consider the AC side. Also antenna angle is not good when you fly below the home point.
What is the best remote controller side amp for range? Anyone tried this one:

WiFi Signal Booster Wireless Repeater 2.4GHz 8W 802.11 Extender Range Amplifier 14276886855 | eBay

I have a dragon 4W and that is pretty good but I have a challenging flight to make and would like better signal strength. The flight is from a high point down into a valley a few hundred feet deep. I find the signal drops precipitously as I go over the precipice.

I realize I may not be able to do much about this but thought I'd try the best amp people have found. The drone is not modified in terms of radio.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
You are sure right about the antenna angle. I have a set of the panel antennas mounted on a tripod/pole system that I used to try and get "up over the lip" so I could point down into the valley, but raising the antenna height did not help that much. I'm not sure boosting the AC side would be of that much use either for the same reasons -- earth gets in the way.

What would be cool is to have a second drone that could relay the signal from my ground location up the relay drone flying over the valley and above my position, then down to the valley drone, and back.

Reactions: Greenflash

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan