DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Radio Mods Primer

I will try with the standard controller by covering one with foil on the ears then the other and see if the same result is found

I tried something today, I took my MP out a ways with my double amplified antenna both sides powered up as I would normally fly. Then I unplugged the power on one, the right side and waited nothing happen,video and rc 100% on Litchi repowered then I unplugged the left side power and the RC signal dropped to 75 then 45% plugged the power
Back in came back up 100% so is this meaning the left side is RC favored?
The Mavic will fly long range with no right side antenna on RC or AC.

42!! What vendor did you order from? That should cut through interference nicely.

Off the shelf stuff, built myself
It does reach out there, as far as all three 3600 proteks batteries want to go
Biggest signal error 1.7

Well my ADHD kicked in and I couldn't sleep knowing the baseline was not taken with a commercial spectrum analyzer. So I "borrowed" one from the office since I would get strange looks testing a drone at work :)

This episode 2.0 updates episode 1.0 with more resolution and reliable data measurements. I am in the middle of episode 2.1 that shows 4 different amplifiers and their measurements and should have it published very soon.

PS - if you went out and bought an RF Explorer, you can't beat the price, just know it has a more broad view of the RF spectrum, but is still a fine machine for the money.

Enjoy...

Mavic Radio System Observations 2.0
New bird side baseline.

Last edited:
Reactions: chazz and lolo780
42!! What vendor did you order from? That should cut through interference nicely.
You need to set the dB offset to match your attenuator. If it is set correct, that is some heavy boosting and could damage your analyzer. Be carful and use attenuators to get your signal back to 0 dBm.

You need to set the dB offset to match your attenuator. If it is set correct, that is some heavy boosting and could damage your analyzer. Be carful and use attenuators to get your signal back to 0 dBm.

As you can see by the bottom scale attenuated by 60 already true reading at 42 dbm that’s as high as my attenuator goes 60. Top of the scale goes to +95

As you can see by the bottom scale attenuated by 60 already true reading at 42 dbm that’s as high as my attenuator goes 60. Top of the scale goes to +95
Oh, didn’t realize you had a 60dB attenuator. You should be fine, just don’t hang around the FCC police

Well I have been running in the mountains surrounded by peaks, but at 54K,as far as I’ve gone. none on RC
And down one on HD I’m starting at 2200 elevation running to 6500 so I have had a lot of battery power used in just going up. Running three 3600 proteks at that distance and elevation there is not anything left in the tank had one short landing on a windy day. Going to try it on my P3P after I do some mods. At some point I will do a run on the flat I’m pretty sure I will hit the limit on the Mavic :) unless the limit disappears :)

Reactions: chazz and SkyNinja
View attachment 31691 I will be a day or two before I can get to it. They are 8 watt amps, 42 dbm would suggest on the high side of 10,000 mW

If you get a chance to run the same course twice in a row, can you unplug the right coax connection from your remote controller before the second run and report your results?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots