DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Range Better Than Phantom 4 Pro?

Stock vs stock, yes Mavic has longer range than P4P. At least in the city environment.

Per the Mavic specs and P4P specs, the FCC range is equal. The CE range is a little further for the Mavic.

Which may or may not be of any significance in the real world.
I suppose the same could be said about your comment above too. The range has only been proven to be good in your real world ;)

Where the ONLY place it can be proven
You got it.

Keep in mind that the specs are only showing the range that should be achievable when flying in a location that has zero interference. If your real world location has zero interference, then you should also be able to match (or exceed) the specs.

You got it.

Keep in mind that the specs are only showing the range that should be achievable when flying in a location that has zero interference. If your real world location has zero interference, then you should also be able to match (or exceed) the specs.
I got ya.

I think the best way to put this is, in the "real world" where there are lots of signal interference, Mavic has a slight range advantage over P4P 5.8GHz.

In a big city where I live with lots of signal interference, with CE and everything stock, I can only get less than 600m with P4P 2.4Ghz.

You got it.

The closest I have come to matching the factory specs with the box stock Mavic is 3.4 miles out.

Doesn't the P4P use lightbridge technology between the RC and drone? If so, yes, the Mavic's range is far superior with its occusync.

Yes, by far.
We have both, and you can expect about 2-3x the range with the Mavic.
(CE region, P4P on 2.4)

Yes, by far.
We have both, and you can expect about 2-3x the range with the Mavic.
(CE region, P4P on 2.4)
In an area with lots of interference, P4P 2.4GHz-CE-stock antenna is almost useless. However, it's 5.8GHz is quite good. I can get about 3x the range with 5.8 compared with 2.4. It's only slightly less than what I can get with Mavic CE stock antenna.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi