DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Remote: How did they do it? :-)

FlyGuy8675309

Reactions
Just wondering how DJI was able to make the Mavic controller so small but so powerful, esp. when compared to the Phantom controllers or other brands.

Reactions: Advexure
Inside a phantom controller the components only fill about 1/3 of the space.
So it's good design. Bear in mind a controller needs to be big enough for average hands to hold and use.
They could probably be made considerably smaller but the actual joysticks can't get much less.

It may have something to do with Ocusync vs Lightbridge tech.

Thinking..., I don't think it does.

Never opened my RC, but I hear it come on. I hear it in my house when I'm playing around with the settings. I hear it come on when I'm flying.

LOL - I have never heard anything like a fan kick on and teh Texas heat has been pretty oppressive of late.
Several folks have shown the guts when doing an antenna mod - I don't recall a fan being shown.

In fact I went and found this sort of funny teardown where the guy was trying to lower the volume of teh meeper. There IS a fan!

Last edited:
LOL - I have never heard anything like a fan kick on and teh Texas heat has been pretty oppressive of late.
Several folks have shown the guts when doing an antenna mod - I don't recall a fan being shown. Plus - where's the vents? You gotta have air flow for a fan to work.
Silence the lamb - Mavic RC teardown

Looks like there using a sunon fan. Vents are at the top of the RC. I don't think the spark RC has a fan though

Several folks have shown the guts when doing an antenna mod - I don't recall a fan being shown.

In fact I went and found this sort of funny teardown where the guy was trying to lower the volume of teh meeper. There IS a fan!

A lot easier to just put a pair of earplugs in.

A lot easier to just put a pair of earplugs in.
Well, I can understand it actually - when the low battery alarm goes off and constantly meeps for the next 15% battery remaining it can draw unnecessary attention for others around. We all know that can potentially be problematic in something like a park.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Well, I can understand it actually - when the low battery alarm goes off and constantly meeps for the next 15% battery remaining it can draw unnecessary attention for others around. We all know that can potentially be problematic in something like a park.

Paranoid perhaps.?
I was thinking of the constant beeping after pressing RTH in which case can be silenced by returning to earth manually.

Paranoid perhaps.?
I was thinking of the constant beeping after pressing RTH in which case can be silenced by returning to earth manually.
Not sure why everyone has to contribute snarky comments. I'm referring to when the low battery comes on *ahead* of RTH. I'm not coming home yet if I have 30% battery and am 1000 ft out.
No - not paranoid. It's loud and I have seen people looking around to see where it's coming from. When they see you flying inevitably there's some jerk wanting to know if it's "legal" to fly at <name of place your at>. Drone police aren't just in forums. Then there's paranoid parents convinced there's pedophiles everywhere.
Then I've had interested parents - that's ok - that sometimes want to know if they or little jonnie can fly it - not ok. Or little jonnie runs towards teh bird whil landing - also not ok while dad or mom is busy yakking.
Better to blend as well as possible IMHO.

Reactions: Tomdog and Odinbear
Not sure why everyone has to contribute snarky comments. I'm referring to when the low battery comes on *ahead* of RTH. I'm not coming home yet if I have 30% battery and am 1000 ft out.
No - not paranoid. It's loud and I have seen people looking around to see where it's coming from. When they see you flying inevitably there's some jerk wanting to know if it's "legal" to fly at <name of place your at>. Drone police aren't just in forums. Then there's paranoid parents convinced there's pedophiles everywhere.
Then I've had interested parents - that's ok - that sometimes want to know if they or little jonnie can fly it - not ok. Or little jonnie runs towards teh bird whil landing - also not ok while dad or mom is busy yakking.
Better to blend as well as possible IMHO.
Well now you know where the location of that speaker is , I suggest drilling a 1/8 hole into it at the appropriate depth to disable the alarm instead of the complicated procedure in your embed.

Well now you know where the location of that speaker is , I suggest drilling a 1/8 hole into it at the appropriate depth to disable the alarm instead of the complicated procedure in your embed.
Ummmm - I would sincerely hope that normally you read a little more carefully. I'd also like to think you're here for the community and not as a "community agitator".
I was responding to a post about the existence of a fan - I *** found *** (as in not mine) a video that showed the fan.
The guy in the video was motivated to tone down the beeper. Initially I never even mentioned the noise of either the fan or the beeper - YOU did with your first snarky "earplugs" remark.
I merely said I agreed it was loud and could relate to the person who made the video - again, NOT ME. Yet more snarky comments.
So are you just determined to get in more snarky points or is there something useful you're trying to get out?
Otherwise I'd like to suggest take your meds and get back on topic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll