DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Repair turn around time

Man, their turn around really blows. Seems like we are losing 1/3 of our warranty while its sitting on a shelf at their repair facility.

DJI is showing 1 day estimated shipping times for purchasing a NEW Mavic from their website, yet can't seem to have stock of parts?

On mine, It shows received 4 days ago (even though they took delivery of it 5 days b4 that) and still no updated status beyond just "received". Since mine went swimming, I'd think it'll be a full swap out, so not sure if that will be a good or bad thing.....

Last edited:
DJI has had my unit for 6 weeks now following a crash. It was inspected and I paid for a refresh replacement 18 days ago. It says they're preparing to ship me a unit, but nothing. Every time I call or email for an update they say "they are looking into it, sorry for the delay". Not impressed, especially the the run around being given.

Update: At another members request, here's the time line of events. I opened my case on March 7th and shipped my drone shortly there after to the service center California. They did not log my drone in as received until March 27th. Damage was assessed March 30th, and I paid the refresh invoice on March 31st. Incidentally, I received an update this afternoon finally ( March 17th) that the Drone is replaced and now being prepared for shipping. Now I'll see how many days it takes to ship, it says one day to process, but that's the msg I received 17 days ago.

It's not just their turn around time that blows but their entire repair service starting right from the first contact. Endless emails unanswered, chatting with clueless and rude DJI employees!

Ditto, shipped mine back, UPS confirmed the delivery, repair acknowledged the delivery a week later and customer service is on their 10th apology. They should use the staff that apologize constantly to, I don't know, perhaps serve their customers? There's a thought. God if there was only some competition in the drone industry. Bummed that I killed my gimbal after only a week and I'm going to get a well used piece of worn out junk to replace a brand new drone. Makes you want to forget refresh and just fix yourself or use a local service.

Yea I got some chicken sheet email tonight from the guy that I emailed 5 weeks ago saying "sorry of the delay" the only thing sorry is the p*ss poor excuse that he is for a human and that he works for a pice of **** company that could care less about it's customers. A company that puts out endless faulty products and even worse software that a high school computer class would be sorry for if they sent it in.... DJI sucks!!!!

ok, so I got my repair assessment bill from them today for $348 for an arm, camera and gimbal and labour. This despite the fact that I paid for DJI care and have a care number. Sooner or later these guys will find the fairway.

Sorry the reply date above was supposed to be April 17th....not March.

Update: DJI has finally shipped my replacement Mavic under the DJI care refresh program. So if it arrives next week as scheduled, the entire process took a solid two months from start to finish. Not exactly what I would call stellar customer service.

DJI has had my unit for 6 weeks now following a crash. It was inspected and I paid for a refresh replacement 18 days ago. It says they're preparing to ship me a unit, but nothing. Every time I call or email for an update they say "they are looking into it, sorry for the delay". Not impressed, especially the the run around being given.

Demand a warranty and Care Refresh extension in compensation for lost time. I bought mine and CR in late Jan. They've "reset" CR to mid April.

OTOH, I got it back, but the blurry side of the camera on a brand new MP is blurry too. It's going back. Just waiting on the "expedited" UPS label from them.

Ok so DJI has reached a new low. My mavic was repaired (despite the fact that I paid for DJI care, the bozo's sent me an invoice for $300+ for the repair) and ready to be shipped on April 27th, got a notice saying it would take one business day to arrange shipping. Still awaiting word that it has been shipped. Support keeps apologizing (think I am on the 20th appology) they even apologized for apologizing and then promptly told me to go screw myself in so many words. This is DJI CARE!!!!! time for a new name, like Pay Us Extra And We'll Keep Your Drone. It's time to report them to the Better Business Bureau. They don't have an 800 number and when you do call you are told you are number 27 in line to be answered.
Would someone please start a competent drone manufacturing company and treat their customers well. I would buy your product in a heartbeat even if you have to wind up rubber bands to get it to go. At least I would get more flying time in that way.

Reactions: Daptone
What is the point of an extension, would you really want to send you drone back to these guys for a free repair if you lose months of flying, better to eat the cost of buying the parts on eBay and fix it yourself.

Reactions: Daptone
Mine has been fully repaired and sitting waiting going out for delivery back to me for almost two weeks. I just bought a temporary replacement Mavic which I'll return when mine finally ships back to me. I recommend others to do the same.

And who pray tell, sells returnable mavics? What if you crash that one?
They have some generic no name J.S. Forwarding listed as the shipper. that popped up a couple of days back but no tracking number.
Maybe it's time we all did a road trip to the repair facility together to get our property back. We should all consider charging them rental for our drones. They go for $200/day here in Toronto.

And who pray tell, sells returnable mavics? What if you crash that one?
They have some generic no name J.S. Forwarding listed as the shipper. that popped up a couple of days back but no tracking number.
Maybe it's time we all did a road trip to the repair facility together to get our property back. We should all consider charging them rental for our drones. They go for $200/day here in Toronto.

Amazon, BHphoto, Adorama, and I'm sure many others. I bought Care Refresh with this one as well, which is fully refundable with the return.

Every month I own the drone, or it's in repair, costs *me* about $130 and I'm not letting DJI steal my money with their disrespectful customer service.

47904bb6dd5a63b73685692f3e16025c.jpg

This is the status of my repair (Today). Should I be worried about waiting too much for the shipping day or will DJI ships it soon? Hope they can put it on the way tomorrow.

Sorry to tell everyone that as the summer approacheth, its only going to get worse. They were already swamped with repairs during the winter months with 4-6 week delays, now that people are starting to fly, we could be looking at 2 month repair turnaround times.

I have 2 words for people who have not yet crashed and who dont want to wait 2 months for DJI to fix their drone.

STATE FARM

OK I've come to the end of my rope. Think it's time to take action. I am filing a complaint with the better business bureau. After looking thru BBB regulations I believe we have just cause to complain. A few complaints will not have much effect but if more and more of you complain it will start to have an effect. I would urge anyone who is dissatisfied with the service provided, especially under a paid-for program like DJI care, they are especially negligent and vulnerable to prosecution.
I would urge anyone to complain who has suffered the delays we have all read about in this forum for the sake of future repairs we will all most likely need otherwise we face months of waiting without the use of our toys in the future.
Let's see if we can get them to clean up their act.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nordrand