DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic started descending rapidly on its own?

you can see on this wind map what happened when you start to fly agents the wind , really tha drone was fighting agents the 42 km wind , sure it started stall situation, pech angle very high and not enouh to produce a required left for drone to mainain hight

Attachments

• 20180422_032806.jpg
    20180422_032806.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: BaNZ
I had a look at the log and video below my thoughts:

ZN8144U.png

Your video ends when you yaw 180 deg. This is at 365 seconds into the log. your video is 21 seconds long, so starts at 344 seconds.

@344sec: you are cruising at ~4m barometric altitude, or 5.1m ultrasound altitude. you are at full forward elevator, but there is no throttle input.

@348sec: Still at full forward elevator, and no throttle input.There is a small drift in altitude barometric altitude to 4.7m ultrasound altitude still at 5.1m.

@352sec Still at full forward elevator, and no throttle input. There is a small 2 second decent to 3.6m barometric and 3.9m ultrasound altitude.

@354sec You give full power, reduce elevator to 0, and climb to 10.5m barometric and outside ultrasound altitude.

@360 you start to yaw 180 deg as we see in the video.

This all seems very minor. but I agree your video appears to show a bigger decent. so I looked further into the logs:

@344sec you are cruising at 6.6m/s in the next 10 seconds this gradually increases to 9m/s that is a significant increase in forward velocity. The increase in forward velocity gives an impression of flying lower, I suspect that this combined with actually drifting a bit lower resulted in what you experienced.

Your reaction was fast and accurateThumbswayup.

What software are you using to generate these graphics?

Reactions: laurens23
My mavic pro just start asending up and I have no clue what I did. Does anyone know how it would go?

My mavic pro just start asending up and I have no clue what I did. Does anyone know how it would go?
To find out what caused the incident you'll have to give more information and the recorded flight data.
Starting a new thread is probably a good idea too.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54