DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic temp on the bench

dohcterturbo

Reactions
Ok so I'm just wondering what the temp has been for others while performing an update and the Mavic has its fan running... Reason being is my friend and I decided to do updates at the same time.. when the fans came on the temp on my Mavic was 114 degrees on the heatsink between the first Vps camera and ultrasound sensor . His was at 102 and dropped to around101 . I waited a few more minutes and checked again mines still around 112 his 100 degrees . Now I notice my fan does not sound like it's moving nearly as much air as his could this be the problem ? I live in Florida and it gets rediculously hot and humid here (update done in doors ambient temp 75 degrees air conditioned). I wouldn't question a 2 to 5 degree difference but 12 to 14 really has me worried if this fan is up to the task or maybe it's just defective in some sort of way. I'm still within the return period with amazon should I exchange for another or is this normal. To be honest I'd love 102 like his because components kept cool last longer that's for sure

I wasn't doing a firmware update, but here are a few temperatures from my Mavic a few minutes after the fan kicked on:

NXHW3850.jpg

PLTE7799.jpg

These things do get pretty hot when stationary. Maybe there are slight differences in manufactured craft. Software activity can cause the boards to heat up. Maybe a difference in firmwares. DJI packed a lot of tech into this craft to implement a large heat sink, fan, and intake/exhaust ports.

Ok so I'm just wondering what the temp has been for others while performing an update and the Mavic has its fan running... Reason being is my friend and I decided to do updates at the same time.. when the fans came on the temp on my Mavic was 114 degrees on the heatsink between the first Vps camera and ultrasound sensor . His was at 102 and dropped to around101 . I waited a few more minutes and checked again mines still around 112 his 100 degrees . Now I notice my fan does not sound like it's moving nearly as much air as his could this be the problem ? I live in Florida and it gets rediculously hot and humid here (update done in doors ambient temp 75 degrees air conditioned). I wouldn't question a 2 to 5 degree difference but 12 to 14 really has me worried if this fan is up to the task or maybe it's just defective in some sort of way. I'm still within the return period with amazon should I exchange for another or is this normal. To be honest I'd love 102 like his because components kept cool last longer that's for sure
Also checked these temps when just changing settings using a temp probe. Anyone else have temps this high. I'd hate to have my mavic fail due to overheating . Seems like this can turn into a problem over time

Last edited:
I measured it with a FLIR ONE.

I'm not sure. I received my Mavic a few days after DJI started shipping them and am running the current firmware.

I wonder if the fans in some are better than others.
I'll see what Thunderdrones has to say since he's parted so many out

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett