DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic turns itself off

McDerp

Reactions
Any time I have the mavic just sitting turned on for longer than a couple of minutes to do things like updating the firmware or calibrating the imu keeps turning itself off in the middle of the process. Is there some sort of setting that is making it so that? Or is there something wrong with it. I can't do a firmware update it keeps turning itself off halfway through

Doesn't sound right to me, it should stay powered up, especially during FW updates. Is your battery ok, have you tried different batteries?
I only have the 1 battery for now. It works fine when I am flying it just won't stay turned in while it sits still. I was thinking there could be some setting making it so that but I can't find it

Have you checked to see in Assistant that your battery firmware is up to date? Maybe there is a mis-match? I'm no expert on the App but I can't recall seeing a setting for shutting down the Mavic while switched on, hopefully someone can advise. If not maybe the DJI Support Online Chat might be able to help?

Is the bottom very hot? Make sure it has plenty of space to allow heat sink on bottom to dissipate heat and you should hear the fan on the Mavic turn on.

Could possibly be over heating itself sitting like that, ??

Any error message? is the fan turning?
Not getting any error message. And I don't know if a fan is turning or not but I do notice that the bottom of the drone gets very hot. Which I was told that is normal

I don't get any error message. With it shutting off halfway through a FW update it gets messed up. I restored it all to default and I haven't tried anything else since. It flies just find and the bottom core is warm but not crazy hot or anything . Not sure what is happening with it

For ****'s and giggles, are you doing the updates with the clear gimbal cover on?

I know there is a slot on for "some" airflow, but not like the free breathing it gets when it is off, and the Mavic is flying, (and the main heatsink is getting radiant cooling when in the air flying).

All slightly different sitting on the table vs. flying.

Also, make sure you not placing the AC on carpeting, hinders the cooling of the main heatsink....

For ****'s and giggles, are you doing the updates with the clear gimbal cover on?

I know there is a slot on for "some" airflow, but not like the free breathing it gets when it is off, and the Mavic is flying, (and the main heatsink is getting radiant cooling when in the air flying).

Also, make sure you not placing the AC on carpeting, hinders the cooling of the main heatsink....

I take the gimbal cover and clamp off every time

You would hear the fan turn on - it's quite loud, however it doesn't usually start until it has sat for 2 or 3 minutes or more so not convinced heat is the problem.
I will test it again later this evening and post about it I don't remember ever hearing a fan turning on

That's kind of normal, just sitting there powered on, and not doing anything, no updates, no calibrations, non setting changes, it will kick on in a bout 2/3 minutes of just plain "idling"......

Again, when you have the AC turned on, the RC turned on, and your tablet/phone device connected, you get ZERO screen notifications, as in overtemp, any type of error reporting condition?

Side note, may not be related, but I have noticed that my Mavic "kills" my wifi signals in the house, I have to hardline my net, using an ethernet cable to my pc. Just another thought???

That's kind of normal, just sitting there powered on, and not doing anything, no updates, no calibrations, non setting changes, it will kick on in a bout 2/3 minutes of just plain "idling"......

Again, when you have the AC turned on, the RC turned on, and your tablet/phone device connected, you get ZERO screen notifications, as in overtemp, any type of error reporting condition?

Side note, may not be related, but I have noticed that my Mavic "kills" my wifi signals in the house, I have to hardline my net, using an ethernet cable to my pc. Just another thought???
I never got any warning or notification in the app about over temp and usually I am trying to do something with it like calibrate the imu or update the FW and it will just turn itself off in the middle of it

Try it this eve, and and verify that you have the mains fan on the Mavic power on after a couple of minutes of "idling".

And as a sidenote, I always every few weeks, I make sure I can hear the fan on the RC turn on also. It is subtle, but you can hear it on.

You should easily hear the fan turn on after sitting for a couple of minutes as it very noisy, if your not hearing it then I think you have a fault and it's a overheat shutdown.

Reactions: Kilrah
You should easily hear the fan turn on after sitting for a couple of minutes as it very noisy, if your not hearing it then I think you have a fault and it's a overheat shutdown.

I agree.

The fan will kick in after a couple of minutes and it's definitely audible. If the heat sink is "very hot," that's also a sign to me it's an overheating problem. The heat sink will get warm to the touch, but with the cooling fan operating correctly it shouldn't get hot.

My craft will stay on until the battery dies. Maybe there's a shut off if the craft is immobile and gets too hot.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbod