DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic UK warranty period

andyguk

Reactions
newbie alert!!

good evening all, I've been following the hype for the last few months. I had a Mavic on pre-order from WEX (October 4th original order date) and was lead a merry dance with the rest of you all for the best part of three months, with contradicting information and a completely opaque ordering experience. I cancelled a couple of weeks ago but I'm now thinking of ordering one direct from DJI.

I had a quick look on their website for standard UK warranty details but can only find this page

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

The warranty periods on here don't seem right and it's amazing that separate parts of the Mavic seem to be covered by different periods. I spoke to a DJI rep just now and was told that in the UK the warranty periods are double that of the US. When I asked if the page I was looking at was from the US, she couldn't answer. When I asked to see a page which had specific UK warranties on, she said she couldn't give me that information.

Has anyone found the UK warranty information on the DJI website?

thanks in advance
Andy

Those warranty lengths are going to be largely irrelevant in the UK. UK/EU consumer regulation gives you more cover than those warranty terms.

Those warranty lengths are going to be largely irrelevant in the UK. UK/EU consumer regulation gives you more cover than those warranty terms.

yep thought so, I just thought vendors had to give the consumer warranty information upfront, for their own country. I still can't find anything on their website for the mavic in the UK.

They do say "This policy provides you with extra and specific legal rights. You may have other rights according to the applicable laws of your state or jurisdiction. You may also have other rights under a written agreement with DJI. Nothing in this policy affects your statutory rights, including rights of consumers under laws or regulations governing the sale of consumer products that cannot be waived or limited by agreement."

They do say "This policy provides you with extra and specific legal rights. You may have other rights according to the applicable laws of your state or jurisdiction. You may also have other rights under a written agreement with DJI. Nothing in this policy affects your statutory rights, including rights of consumers under laws or regulations governing the sale of consumer products that cannot be waived or limited by agreement."

yep read that too. I've never come across a product that doesn't specifically state 12 months, 24 months or some other length of warranty period, until now. I suppose we just assume it's 12 months, or 24 if you apply that EU loop hole being banded about the MSE forums.

aside from all that, nearly pressed the buy button earlier :oops:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13