DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC - "Unsafe to Land"

On the vision settings page.
Hello Kilrah . I'm just getting into the Mavic Been flying the Phantom's. Question for you. I had an auto land yesterday. On a dirt road . as it was landing it came up and ask if it was safe to land I used the camera to look down and it was clear. I then had to swipe to engage in auto land. I could not see the drone from where I was about 2500 ft away. ( was running out of battery.) anyway I thought it had landed and by the time I got there it was down. I was watching the video and it started the auto land and at zero feet it stop ( zero feet from take off) it was still 7 feet in the air at 1 % it finally landed softy. question is did it think it was on the ground at 0 ft or was it something else that was making it hover 7 ft up?

I would not recommend disabling the whole VPS for this purpose. VPS does a whole lot more, including helping the Mavic come down nice and steady. If you want to prevent the Mavic from stopping and hovering to evaluate the landing area, simply disable Landing Protection.

It's called enable vision positioning
975417f735736b29846f0ca943942de9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hello Kilrah . I'm just getting into the Mavic Been flying the Phantom's. Question for you. I had an auto land yesterday. On a dirt road . as it was landing it came up and ask if it was safe to land I used the camera to look down and it was clear. I then had to swipe to engage in auto land. I could not see the drone from where I was about 2500 ft away. ( was running out of battery.) anyway I thought it had landed and by the time I got there it was down. I was watching the video and it started the auto land and at zero feet it stop ( zero feet from take off) it was still 7 feet in the air at 1 % it finally landed softy. question is did it think it was on the ground at 0 ft or was it something else that was making it hover 7 ft up?

It has sonar sensors to know when it's close to the ground. When it's coming down to land, it doesn't simply rely on the barometer or GPS height relative to takeoff point to know when it's down. It will basically continue to lower itself until it senses that its descent has stopped, and will then power down the motors after a few seconds. So in your case, it definitely should not have stopped the landing at 7ft high under normal circumstances. What was your Signal Loss option set to? If it was set to Hover, and the Mavic lost the signal from your controller at that point, that may explain why it hovered at that point until the battery was critically low.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun