DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic VS. Inspire series

Sevier456

Reactions
I have a Mavic pro looking at the inspire. What is the advantages of having the inspire. What’s that thing that would make someone get the inspire rather then the mavic? Is the camera that much better ??

I don't have an Inspire but the camera is reported to be much better. The gimbal is also 360 deg rotational and can be controlled by another RC allowing you to separate the two jobs of recording and flying. From what I understand, you would go for the Inspire if you want professional-quality video for a bigger screen.

Far superior camera -- bigger sensor on the Inspire 1, much bigger MFT sensor on the Inspire 1 PRO, which also supports interchangeable lenses. Also [edit] the camera rotates independently of the flying direction and the props and landing gear don't get in the picture. The Inspire is part of a system of interchangeable camera components.

the Inspire 1 Pro Raw takes this even further, able to record high bitrate RAW 4k video.

The Inspire 2 takes all this even further.

The comparison is similar to the difference between a Honda Civic and an Acura NSX. Both will get you to the grocery store, and if that's all you need, get the Civic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny Too
The Inspire is a pretty awesome aircraft but it's big, loud, powerful and EXPENSIVE to operate. Also you get about 1/2 the flight time than you get with the Mavic series.

Now its can lift a decent sized payload, has the potential for some pretty amazing cameras (including Thermal) and it's a blast to fly. But cost to own/operate is a lot more than the Mavic series of aircraft.

I used to have an Inspire 1 Pro, and it was an awesome machine. But the entire kit was the size of a steamer trunk, and set-up time was about 6 minutes vs. 2 minutes with the Mavic. And once I no longer had professional need for what it offered, the Mavic became the obvious choice.

I used to have an Inspire 1 Pro, and it was an awesome machine. But the entire kit was the size of a steamer trunk, and set-up time was about 6 minutes vs. 2 minutes with the Mavic. And once I no longer had professional need for what it offered, the Mavic became the obvious choice.

It's definitely not "compact" at all. We use the Landing Mode case so our time to flight from arrival is also about 2mins or less when we need to hustle. We have it dedicated to Public Safety work and some tougher Aerial Photography needs when we need to run dual operator to get some special shots. Other than that we use our Phantoms or the MP Platinum series for ease of use and cost to operate. I really REALLY like the extended flight times of the MP series.

It's definitely not "compact" at all. We use the Landing Mode case so our time to flight from arrival is also about 2mins or less when we need to hustle. We have it dedicated to Public Safety work and some tougher Aerial Photography needs when we need to run dual operator to get some special shots. Other than that we use our Phantoms or the MP Platinum series for ease of use and cost to operate. I really REALLY like the extended flight times of the MP series.
Yup, I had the Landing Mode case as well. The GoProfessional one with room for 7 batteries. My complete kit including all the extras -- lenses, chargers, CF props, batts, etc was about $12k, not including laptop and storage peripherals. It always makes me chuckle a bit when people call the Mavic an "expensive" drone.

Reactions: BigAl07
Yup, I had the Landing Mode case as well. The GoProfessional one with room for 7 batteries. My complete kit including all the extras -- lenses, chargers, CF props, batts, etc was about $12k,

Yes it adds up quickly. I was surprised at how much I spent for the "essentials" to get started and before I knew it I was in $6k.... and it kept going.

It always makes me chuckle a bit when people call the Mavic an "expensive" drone.

For my MP Platinum i bought ever possible extra (batteries, multi chargers, filters, best case...) and only spent $1,400 all IN!

Funny thing is my cheap UAS gets about 80% of my flight time these days and the "Money Pit" gets about 2% but when needed it's nice to have a larger more robust bird on hand when the poo hits the fan and I'm called out.

Yes it adds up quickly. I was surprised at how much I spent for the "essentials" to get started and before I knew it I was in $6k.... and it kept going.

For my MP Platinum i bought ever possible extra (batteries, multi chargers, filters, best case...) and only spent $1,400 all IN!

Funny thing is my cheap UAS gets about 80% of my flight time these days and the "Money Pit" gets about 2% but when needed it's nice to have a larger more robust bird on hand when the poo hits the fan and I'm called out.
The Mavic is always with me - worldwide, so it sees the most use. Plus I'm in the air quickly and very stealthily. "Stealth" is not a word I would associate with the Inspire.

Far superior camera -- bigger sensor on the Inspire 1, much bigger MFT sensor on the Inspire 1 PRO, which also supports interchangeable lenses. Also (like the Phantom) the camera rotates independently of the flying direction, but in the Inspire's case the props and landing gear don't get in the picture. The Inspire is part of a system of interchangeable camera components.

the Inspire 1 Pro Raw takes this even further, able to record high bitrate RAW 4k video.

The Inspire 2 takes all this even further.

The comparison is similar to the difference between a Honda Civic and an Acura NSX. Both will get you to the grocery store, and if that's all you need, get the Civic.

Agreed, except that the Phantom camera does not have yaw control and cannot be rotated independently of the aircraft - it's just like the Mavic in that respect.

Agreed, except that the Phantom camera does not have yaw control and cannot be rotated independently of the aircraft - it's just like the Mavic in that respect.
hmm... well I learned something then. i thought it could be.

I have both + a Spark. Totally different machines. It just depends what you want and what you expect. That only you can answer. But the Inspire 2 is just too expensive and too complicated to consider as a nice to have

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78