DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic weird behaviour

Jenningsfarm

Reactions
Hi all,
Launched yesterday lifted 3mtrs and hovered and the drone began rotating clockwise 60° anticlockwise 30°repeatedly with no input, horizon was also slanted on phone allthough drone was level, landed and tryed again in slightly diferent location and all was fine but occurred again on a 3rd flight and normalized during flight.
Any ideas what may cause this?

dusty location
Samsung s8
Latest firmware update
Has been in a few bingles but no obvious damage
Still under care refresh
Flight record attached allthough unsure if it the correct one

Regards John Jennings

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-09-03_[09-33-13].txt
    45.6 KB · Views: 0
If the circles were wide circles, it could be a compass problem. If it is a compass problem, I would use a Refresh on it.

Do you think the bingles caused the malfunction?
Rotated on the spot 60°cw 30°acw sharp movements as though searching for something.
Bingles were months and many flights ago.

Reactions: Former Member
I have had the “toilet bowl” swirl in hover before but it’s always been with metal in the area or large metal deposited in the ground

Often times it’s under ground utilities such as power lines or pipes. In some parts of our province I have the issue with high iron concentrations.

Hard to say what caused your issues. But maybe this gives you some ideas

I have had the “toilet bowl” swirl in hover before but it’s always been with metal in the area or large metal deposited in the ground

Often times it’s under ground utilities such as power lines or pipes. In some parts of our province I have the issue with high iron concentrations.

In my experience, toilet bowl effect is usually not in tight yaw movements, usually sweeping circles. OPs drone is yawing sharply left and right. Could be compass, probably something else. I would send it in.

Could be the forklift was only 4mtrs away it is 5 ton of cast iron and steel.

Were you getting any compass error messages?
After i landed i noticed a compass error message but figured that was because i had walked into the shed but i think you are right i will try to replicate the flight later just to prove wether or not there is a fault with the drone or interference from metal.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear