DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic went rogue after mag interf

the manual says sport mode is standard GPS mode minus forward sensors and more responsive input...so barometer/GPS/compass is confused there's the chance it can mess you up.

the manual says sport mode is standard GPS mode minus forward sensors and more responsive input...so barometer/GPS/compass is confused there's the chance it can mess you up.

Correct. Sadly no ability to fly in true atti mode or on just stabilisation. My DJI M lite based hexacopter, which I built myself gives me more freedom and autonomy. That I can fly to any place anytime and if it gets confused I can fly in manual mode and limp her home. Lack of true atti or free mode is frustrating but if you're a beginner is safer.
I was flying my Phantom in France a few years back and the compass wire broke in P mode. I just switched to F mode and gently flew it home, after F mode was updated to multifunction mode that became impossible. Basically DJI removed it to play big brother and enforce its own interpretation of No Fly Zones upon its customers. That was an update that you couldn't roll back and for me who liked to pilot without a 'governor' on my craft using purely pilot skills ruined the fun of flying in a way... hence I built a rather powerful and fast hex that I use to fly for piloting skills.

Fly safe... :)

Reactions: Tok Pilot
Sorry if I missed it, but has no one suggested that you upload the flight log? On your phone, using a file browser, you'll find the flight under /dji/dji.go.4/flightrecord/ It'll have the date/time stamp and will be a txt file. Upload that on msinger's website: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Once you've uploaded it, paste the link here. Rather than hearing everyone's opinion about whether to calibrate everytime or not, you'll get to the meat of the issue.

You may also want to download the DAT file from the aircraft... And do that soon - before your next few flights, as they get overwritten quickly. Instructions on how to do so are here. @BudWalker may be interested in reviewing it - so be prepared to upload the DAT to dropbox or google drive and have the link ready to share.

But only if you hit RTH should it need GPS, so if you have visual on it and need to bring it home in sport mode you shouldn't need GPS right? Should be like free mode?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

There's no free flight mode. All are governed by the gps in some way or another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada