DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic wont focus at all, not manual, not auto, replace camera or send to DJI?

BTW, how do you focus in Manual mode?

I think just tapping on the screen, right?

I am enjoying the new perspective this drone has given me in my photography. However, I would prefer a better camera, zoom capability, and higher resolution.

Are there camera upgrades out there or better camera/drone systems?

Yes. The green outlined box is where you tap.
Tapping the screen causes a auto focus, their is a green small green box in the top right of the screen, when you click that it switches and you get a slider to adjust focus manually.

Yes, I realize that now after looking. I would rather have the H camera without an optical zoom.
That explains the higher price too.

Tapping the screen causes a auto focus, their is a green small green box in the top right of the screen, when you click that it switches and you get a slider to adjust focus manually.
Thanks, everyday is a new learning experience.

My feeling for now is that It's pretty hard to beat the total package you get for your money with the MP1. Of course, that's how I felt about the Phantom 2's when I bought them!

BTW, my P2.s an P2V+'s are still going strong, each doing their own specific job with batteries that are 2 to 4 years old. Proper care and occasional battery balance charge testing is the key that works for me.

Last edited:
OK I FIXED IT!
I installed the DJI Assistant 2 software on my PC, I downgraded the firmware and the camera will now focus! I then using the DJI GO 4 app updated the firmware to the most current and the camera is still working and focusing! Not sure how this happened but this did the trick! I'm planning to do a test flight tomorrow and will report back.

Reactions: iowahill
Did a test flight this morning and everything is in focus. So happy my expensive paper weight came back to life. Hope this info can help someone else!

Excellent and I know what a good feeling that is. Mine too stopped focusing but the solution could have been one of a few moves I made trying to fix it.

When I first got my MP it would go in and out of focus quite often. When it did I would simply switch to video mode and then back to still mode and that fixed it every time.

Big However though, I made so many tweaks in the process of developing a process as a newbie that determining which tweak was the fix is hard to be 100%.

There are so many variables with settings and controls that it's easy to overlook some of the vagaries. But you just might be onto a solution there! Let us know.
My Mavic Pro now has the dreaded auto focus problem. By switching the modes back and forth from camera to movie seemed to fix the problem temporarily.

I’ve also had some luck pressing the camera reset icon a few times to get the auto focus working again. It’s very frustrating when your shooting a video and halfway through it goes out of focus!

Mine has not gone out of focus in a couple of months now. Darn, now that I think about it, I can hardly remember what process tweaks I tried.

I do remember the switch back to video and then back to stills seems to work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13