DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic won't update!!! wtf DJI

See my advice, above ^^ in this thread...
First attempt did not work because of stacked battery.after change battery upgraded with success.
My problem is first battery..
923a322d3d952efb1196e562256d0f0d.jpg
3days like this.
Thanks anyway

Reactions: Qoncussion
I have always updated over wifi but I always do it when nobody is in so no interruption with connection and I switch everything off that is connected to wifi just to make sure.

I had this problem and this is how I resolved it.

Charge battery for at least 90 mins to ensure its fully charged. The lights won't change at this stage. Put the battery in the drone.

Remove Mavic on board microsd card. DELETE all the folders and files. Place back in drone.

Now update firmware, this time the lights will change during update and will be back to normal.

Trust me this worked. Hope it helps, don't panic, I thought I had trashed the battery but that's how I recovered it.

Happily flying.

Edit. If your using the Blue Mavic charger that charges 3 batteries simultaneously then the charging light will extinguish when battery is fully charged, the Mavic battery will still have two middle leds lite.

Last edited:
Reactions: x4kg
It has been 5 days now. cannot get it to work.Lights are still on,they have never cut off...wow
It is on its was to DJI :(

I had this problem and this is how I resolved it.

Charge battery for at least 90 mins to ensure its fully charged. The lights won't change at this stage. Put the battery in the drone.

Remove Mavic on board microsd card. DELETE all the folders and files. Place back in drone.

Now update firmware, this time the lights will change during update and will be back to normal.

Trust me this worked. Hope it helps, don't panic, I thought I had trashed the battery but that's how I recovered it.

Happily flying.

Edit. If your using the Blue Mavic charger that charges 3 batteries simultaneously then the charging light will extinguish when battery is fully charged, the Mavic battery will still have two middle leds lite.
New Firmware . . . v01.03.0800

Sometimes it takes forever try and try until you succeed. Go4app-phone-rc-mp set up seems A little bit less likely to fail :)

Just a little bit of info for some people, not sure which ISP you all are using or Router type but we have been testing different Internet Service Providers with updating different firmware on DJI drones and found out some interesting things about which ones work and which ones stall and never work and etc. Anyway just wanted to let everyone know that it is very possible that it is your router type or Provider, I however have found that turning on your cellular data option allows it to work everytime (with strong 4G LTE IT IS pretty fast) I upgraded in 14 minutes.

Mavic would update succesfully via DJI assistant 2, over USB cable.
then when using the mavic pro via DJI Go 4 app, it will tells me that I need to update it to the latest firmware (which I did already).
Connecting it back to the computer to check the firmware version (after I successfully updated it minutes ago), in deed, the firmware is up to date with the current version.

Fix ==> I uninstalled DJI Go 4 app from samsung galaxy s8 , installed it again - and the mavic pro was already up to date via DJI assistant 2 - .
Success: the app is telling me that the mavic pro's firmware is up to date .

see screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180414-095934.jpg
    Screenshot_20180414-095934.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20180414-095939.jpg
    Screenshot_20180414-095939.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 8
Just a little bit of info for some people, not sure which ISP you all are using or Router type but we have been testing different Internet Service Providers with updating different firmware on DJI drones and found out some interesting things about which ones work and which ones stall and never work and etc. Anyway just wanted to let everyone know that it is very possible that it is your router type or Provider, I however have found that turning on your cellular data option allows it to work everytime (with strong 4G LTE IT IS pretty fast) I upgraded in 14 minutes.
In similar tests, I found that moving the RC w/phone (device) away from the Mavic and closer to the router cleared up the issues I had (back when I used to upgrade F/W). The Mavic itself is putting out a strong enough signal to mess with the WiFi between the router and the controller. So, get the controller away from the Mavic, and closer to the router. This worked 100% of the time for every F/W update.

Reactions: Taylor1430
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s