DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic zoom fell out from the sky

What does the .DAT file say?
i mean I always hear the click when I put on the batteries.

I don't know why it would do that.

There seems to be a problem with the DAT file. FLY062 is the correct file, according to the txt log, but it only lasts 17 seconds and doesn't include a motor start or flight.

I don't know. It looks like a valid DAT file - it just doesn't include any flight data. Maybe @BudWalker can take a look.
DatCon tracks the number of errors that it sees in the .DAT file. If the error ratio exceeds a threshold DatCon will decide the .DAT is corrupted and terminate the conversion process. I've noticed that this happens with with my own Mavic 2 running the latest FW. Downgrading to the previous FW fixes this problem.

DatCon/CsvView will be changed to allow the user to specify that this error checking be ignored. Much like ignoring an invalid DatHeader. I just haven't had much time lately to do this.

Here's the .csv for FLY062

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3ni0cybnwzi816/18-10-25-06-04-10_FLY062.csv?dl=0

Reactions: sar104
yup was happily taking pictures and out of nowhere. boom crash.

drones was busted beyond repair and recognition amazon still accepted the refund but. this is absolutely insane.

their is a problem with the new mavics and whos knows how many drones are susceptible to that tiny issue of suddenly shutting down, crashing and burning
mrbrightside, your absolutely right about these new Mavic 2 having problems. Still fighting with DJI about mine , FYI some of these guys on the forum are DJI people so they're going to diagree and give you negative response, found that out already, good luck

mrbrightside, your absolutely right about these new Mavic 2 having problems. Still fighting with DJI about mine , FYI some of these guys on the forum are DJI people so they're going to diagree and give you negative response, found that out already, good luck

Who, on this forum, do you think works for DJI?

Mr Bright - i saw you comment on my post... as you can see from my vid it can also fly completely unlatched ( i dont thing any error shows either) - and i think when mine popped i was going vertical and stopped (luckily only 16m up and above a soft bush) and the batt just launched out vertically. I think i said in my post i wonder how many instant power losses with a sharpish adjustment / manoeuvre could be attributed to a dislodged battery... interesting.

Maybe i should give sar my log (i saved my drone) as i know my batt flew out - it was fairly windy so im unsure if a sharp vert then stop did it to mine but it could have been from leaning into wind - but either way it flew out.

I was under the impression that it should latch securely if you hear the clicks but wow. I hope DJI addresses this issue because my perfectly working zoom is now dead :(

Mr Bright - i saw you comment on my post... as you can see from my vid it can also fly completely unlatched ( i dont thing any error shows either) - and i think when mine popped i was going vertical and stopped (luckily only 16m up and above a soft bush) and the batt just launched out vertically. I think i said in my post i wonder how many instant power losses with a sharpish adjustment / manoeuvre could be attributed to a dislodged battery... interesting.

Maybe i should give sar my log (i saved my drone) as i know my batt flew out - it was fairly windy so im unsure if a sharp vert then stop did it to mine but it could have been from leaning into wind - but either way it flew out.
Hi there, would just like mention that there is a dji go app error message that comes up on latest app and firmware, on my end, when the battery not completly secured. I was on vacation last week at the beach and i am usually very good at securing the battery and was astonished when i took up vertical for about 12 meter and then heard beep and dji go 4 displayed a message the battery was not secured . First time i ever got such message on a dji drone , i brought it down landed it and when i checked i could feel the battery on the right side clcik when pushed so it was not complelty secured. Anyway just saw post and figured i would let u know i have had a message from app telling me the battery not secured

Hi there, would just like mention that there is a dji go app error message that comes up on latest app and firmware, on my end, when the battery not completly secured. I was on vacation last week at the beach and i am usually very good at securing the battery and was astonished when i took up vertical for about 12 meter and then heard beep and dji go 4 displayed a message the battery was not secured . First time i ever got such message on a dji drone , i brought it down landed it and when i checked i could feel the battery on the right side clcik when pushed so it was not complelty secured. Anyway just saw post and figured i would let u know i have had a message from app telling me the battery not secured
Just to add to my post above i would suggest that when putting on a new battery to push down the battery on both left and right side at once maybe using two hands. What i found in my case as per my above post is that it was not properly secured which was on me. I was carrying my drone one handed when i placed it down on beach, controller in my other hand so i inserted battery one handed and heard click but seemed it just clciked from the left side. Its hard on battery see if just one side is latched /clicked as the battery apears not buldge out. When i landed it after take off and dji go 4 error pop up and said the battery was not secure it indeed clcik on right hand side when i push down so in my case it was not secure both sides. It was my own fault

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout