DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Battery Mods

OK, can you have too much wire? What would be your best guess at the max gauge to use?
Diminishing returns, too much weight and packaging difficulties to fit through the rear arm hinge. Make a table containing wire weight and predicted loss and pick the one that's not too heavy with the lowest losses. I would guess 18ga is be plenty. 22 was stock on the M1.

I would say a little extra weight to reduce heat is worthwhile as the rear motors are really going to work hard pushing that oil tanker around. If possible give the rotor downwash the most streamlined path below and keep airflow over the aircraft top surface as laminar as possible.

Double Battery For Mavic 2
Just Received
I tried hovering for about 27 minutes and I still have 40% left on the battery
6669fc62b9a767ff4c482a4673957ce3.jpg
4d10df7e4ac4553c54a3f11c50062be6.jpg
3647584ff30959729c7929887306e553.jpg

Wow...! just what i had in mind & lookn for...! that double battery looks super awesome !please get back to this post with information on how that double battery mod on the the M2 worked out,for you do some flight test,etc.....maybe you can start taking people's orders and ordering a bunch and make a good turn out here ......! I know I would be highly interested,just keep us posted (again freaking awesome!)

Reactions: SkyNinja
Wow...! just what i had in mind & lookn for...! that double battery looks super awesome !please get back to this post with information on how that double battery mod on the the M2 worked out,for you do some flight test,etc.....maybe you can start taking people's orders and ordering a bunch and make a good turn out here ......! I know I would be highly interested,just keep us posted (again freaking awesome!)

I got lucky that my friend was in China and he managed to get a hold of the double battery. I tried looking it for a way to get it shipped from China but it seems to be really difficult because of their rules and regulations when it comes to shipping

I got lucky that my friend was in China and he managed to get a hold of the double battery. I tried looking it for a way to get it shipped from China but it seems to be really difficult because of their rules and regulations when it comes to shipping
yeah i hear ya, China has alot of restrictions, but from that website/link it seems you can order from there...? let drone fanatics know how that extended-dualbattery mod works out with some stats, times etc...! maybe even post a clip or 2..... can you repost the link of where they sell it from again...? imma trynto find someone who can translate the site for me & see what i can do..! maybe my reg.chinese food guy ...lol can help me out

yeah i hear ya, China has alot of restrictions, but from that website/link it seems you can order from there...? let drone fanatics know how that extended-dualbattery mod works out with some stats, times etc...! maybe even post a clip or 2..... can you repost the link of where they sell it from again...? imma trynto find someone who can translate the site for me & see what i can do..! maybe my reg.chinese food guy ...lol can help me out

I ordered about a month ago, and am not having any luck getting it shipped. I have tried 2 different agents and the seller has spent alot of time trying to help me. It doesnt look like they can ship it, at least not to the U.S.

I ordered about a month ago, and am not having any luck getting it shipped. I have tried 2 different agents and the seller has spent alot of time trying to help me. It doesnt look like they can ship it, at least not to the U.S.
give it time I've ordered stuff online from all parts of China and I've gotten stuff 1 to 3 months later !Hopefully you will get really lucky and if you do consider doing a bulk order and make a awesome turn out

give it time I've ordered stuff online from all parts of China and I've gotten stuff 1 to 3 months later !Hopefully you will get really lucky and if you do consider doing a bulk order and make a awesome turn out

The battery is actually being held at warehouse marked as contraband. As of now, it will not be shipped to me. Communication has been good, despite the language barrier, just not been able to come up with a solution.

This is the link for the website:
御2mavic2 改雙電池續航延時拉鋸38公裏防炸機雞

And you can translate the website by using the following link:
TBF-001125783 - Taobao FOCUS

Hopefully this helps

Is it possible to deplete the drop battery completely first? The drop mechanism could fall away with the battery save weight for the remainder of the flight.

Is it possible to deplete the drop battery completely first? The drop mechanism could fall away with the battery save weight for the remainder of the flight.
The current prototype leaves the 2 sidecar batteries disconnected until the servo flips the power switch mid flight.

I would need to rethink how to jettison the jettison system. Let me noodle on that.

How about a plastic retainer pin that gets melted by a bit of nichrome wire?

Or use gimbal pitch to pull a release pin.

I can't believe I forgot about this, but I was gearing up for a long range jettison test and realized I only had battery info for the sidecar's and not the drop battery. I put this together quickly but its out of focus, but you can still read it to get the job done.

I also tweaked the servo so that there is at least a half second when the drop and sidecar batteries are powering the bird at the same time just before the jettison. I tested it 20+ times and it worked every time flawlessly. BUT, if this ever fails or gimps up, the bird immediately reboots and falls from the sky :eek:

1546197324583.png

Here's the temporary filament tape job with carbon rod until I can finish it out nicely later on:

1546199046630.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Pablo Chacon
Is there any possibility to buy it and deliver to Poland?

There is only one way to get it delivered, its by having someone you know in China that can get it shipped for you.
Because there wont be any courier companies that will be willing to ship a battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada