DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Battery Mods

@lolo780 did you see this metal sheath on the bottom side of the upper shell that is directly over the mosfet hotspots? Do you think this is for heat protection, RF protection, or both??

View attachment 45837
Likely thermal since the foil pouch of the battery should do the same thing RF wise. You've probably noticed the M2 batteries run cooler than M1.
I find they can't maintain optimal temperature so would actually like to direct heat up to the battery.

**** that sucks, at least you have a second one you can still fly until you get a new esc bored.

I found a new one for sale on eBay for $129, but I’m sure it’s a pain in the *** solder all Motor wires to it.

NEW DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom ESC and Power Circuit Board | eBay

Followup. That supplier for the ESC board is using harvested parts from crashed M2's. The ESC I received was obviously detached with a soldering iron. It was clean and neat, but know if you use them that these are NOT factory OEM parts.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Followup. That supplier for the ESC board is using harvested parts from crashed M2's. The ESC I received was obviously detached with a soldering iron. It was clean and neat, but know if you use them that these are NOT factory OEM parts.
I think they are parting out brand new drones as there are no spare parts available from DJI yet. Same thing happened with the Air when I hit the market.

Proteks are my favorite batteries, I did tried Thunderpower With my MP1 but did not get as good results as I did with the Proteks.
I have the 4200, You should drop up closer to 30g of weight by removing them from the hard case.
View attachment 46513

**** didn’t realize my screen went dim on my scale but it dropped 27g removing the hard case

Holy moly, 42 grams shed after stripping down the PT5600!!

dronemods-2018-714.pngdronemods-2018-713.png

Holy moly, 42 grams shed after stripping down the PT5600!!

View attachment 48429View attachment 48430

Nice, once you shrink wrap it and add connectors you should still Have a +30g weight savings.

What does the connector end of the battery look like? On the protek 4200 the wires are soldering to a board.

IMG_9391.JPG
IMG_9394.JPG

The 4200 ended up being 23g less then the MS4000 LiHv.

IMG_9490.JPG
IMG_9491.JPG

I got 4 of these units. I hope they don't have the same balance issues like their bigger variants.

1538401832647.png

That is a new message I haven't noticed before on the M2 while taking off with external batteries. I wonder what telemetry it is basing this on??

1538437766366.png

That is a new message I haven't noticed before on the M2 while taking off with external batteries. I wonder what telemetry it is basing this on??

View attachment 48497

Where was this warning displayed? Also what is the firmware and DJ I go4 version are you running?
i have not gotten that warning with any of my fights. I believe the Mavic air displays the same warning

Where was this warning displayed? Also what is the firmware and DJ I go4 version are you running?
i have not gotten that warning with any of my fights. I believe the Mavic air displays the same warning
Airdata from this flight today:

Hey Skyninja, do you have the decoder ring on how to order the right size shrink wrap for the batteries? I have dabbled with this but could never figure out the size, type, and supplier for the wraps.

Hey Skyninja, do you have the decoder ring on how to order the right size shrink wrap for the batteries? I have dabbled with this but could never figure out the size, type, and supplier for the wraps.

I have two sizes, red 85mm and yellow 103mm.

Below are two pictures of a MS 4000 LiHv in both sizes of the shrink wrap I have. I think you’re probably safer to go with 103 mm.

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

Uxcell a16012500ux0219 3.3ft 103mm Width PVC Heat Shrink Tubing Yellow for 18650 Battery (... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ER5KFMQ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_bsTSBb...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018AOMXXE/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_kCTSBb373KEAS

Reactions: beanbubba
I've gotten that warning only once in 20 mph winds with my floatation pontoons mounted.

I have two sizes, red 85mm and yellow 103mm.

Below are two pictures of a MS 4000 LiHv in both sizes of the shrink wrap I have. I think you’re probably safer to go with 103 mm.

View attachment 48509

View attachment 48510

Uxcell a16012500ux0219 3.3ft 103mm Width PVC Heat Shrink Tubing Yellow for 18650 Battery (... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ER5KFMQ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_bsTSBb...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018AOMXXE/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_kCTSBb373KEAS
Thank you sir.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO