DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Battery Mods

Here is the factory M2 4S battery cell pack after being removed from the casing:

upload_2018-9-9_13-14-45.png

I had a lot of problems with those batteries. I bought 2 and both had bad cells.
cybernate, on my charger this was the only setting I could find:
upload_2018-9-10_9-11-51.png
I disabled it and the error still happened and at the same voltages.

Since the battery was toast and I was curious and flew the battery down til the bird dropped from the air when one cell hit zero. I was only 5 foot up over lush thick grass for a soft crash :

upload_2018-9-10_9-13-58.png

Do you know if the MP2’s battery pins are in the same order as the MP 1st gen?

IMG_1016.JPG

Do you know if the MP2’s battery pins are in the same order as the MP 1st gen?

View attachment 46205

I haven't tested the pinouts yet (did the power mod inside the battery controller). The MP pins were mirrored and therefore the plug was reversible, the M2 plug is notched and not reversible. You sent a note that @Pablo Chacon made a battery clip, so he would know the pinout chart.

I haven't tested the pinouts yet (did the power mod inside the battery controller). The MP pins were mirrored and therefore the plug was reversible, the M2 plug is notched and not reversible. You sent a note that @Pablo Chacon made a battery clip, so he would know the pinout chart.

No it’s not the same as the M1. The pins for the M2 are 3,4 & 7,8...IMG_4822.JPG

I disabled it and the error still happened and at the same voltages.
When you've got packs with badly out of balance cells just connect each one at a time and do a 1s charge, way faster than balance charging. If you REALLY want to optimize do that on the lowest ones to bring them back close to the highest one and finish normally.

IMG_20180912_145235.jpg

When you've got packs with badly out of balance cells just connect each one at a time and do a 1s charge, way faster than balance charging. If you REALLY want to optimize do that on the lowest ones to bring them back close to the highest one and finish normally.

View attachment 46247
Duh... That is so simple yet it didn't cross my mind. Thanks for the tip sir.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
@Pablo Chacon how did you disable the upward vision sensor that the clip is covering up? When I disable the vision system in the Go4 app, all the other sensor disable except the upward on my bird.

Are you sure. Did you test it? I was under the impression it disabled it. I’ve ran a few test long range runs with the clip directly on top of the sensor with out any notifications pop ups.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31