DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Battery Mods

For the record, this was the last heavy flight I had that had zero issues and was right at 1600 grams with dual thunder power 4500's. This flight was on the first firmware version and I would agree that it appears the firmware update is causing the heavy weight auto landing.

I guess there is not a way to roll back to the original firmware yet?

Could someone on original firmware post their parameters for comparison? If we're lucky it's something that can be changed back.

Could someone on original firmware post their parameters for comparison? If we're lucky it's something that can be changed back.
Do you think the Mavic 2's that are shipping now still has the original firmware? Or have they changed it to the new firmware by now?

I’ll try to post my parameters tomorrow or Monday. Last time I looked the original firmware available on Assistant 2.

I get the “not enough Force/ECS Errors” most of the way back on my long distance flights with the M2.

Pablo, CyberNate and l have have all flown long distance MS4000s

Last edited:
Reactions: mlash
I’ll try to post my parameters tomorrow or Monday. Last time I looked the original firmware available on Assistant 2.

I get the “not enough Force/ECS Errors” most of the way back on my long distance flights with the M2.

Pablo, CyberNate and l have have all flown long distance MS4000s
It will only let me downgrade to 1.00.0000 (tried it, still the same) and it will let me carry 1 ms4000 but not 2! I'm upgrading back to .0100 right now. I'm probably going to have to buy a 2nd zoom just to fly long distance (I hope the new drones still have the original firmware)

It will only let me downgrade to 1.00.0000 (tried it, still the same) and it will let me carry 1 ms4000 but not 2! I'm upgrading back to .0100 right now. I'm probably going to have to buy a 2nd zoom just to fly long distance (I hope the new drones still have the original firmware)
There is a fair possibility that the Go4 app version could play a role in this. I know I upgraded Go4 AND the AC along the way. I am trying to roll back now and see what happens.

Reactions: mlash
Is this telling me that it knows that I have updated to 0.100 or is it letting me know that it's available? It's like it knows that I have updated in the past!
firmware1.png

@mlash, are you doing a hover test when it auto lands? Mine only happens during a hover test, but I haven't tried a real flight since noticing this. I am wondering if we just go straight out and fly if this behavior is masked??? The last real heavy flight I did, I just took off and went with no hovering...

@SkyNinja can you do a 5 min heavy weight hover test please?

@mlash, are you doing a hover test when it auto lands? Mine only happens during a hover test, but I haven't tried a real flight since noticing this. I am wondering if we just go straight out and fly if this behavior is masked??? The last real heavy flight I did, I just took off and went with no hovering...

@SkyNinja can you do a 5 min heavy weight hover test please?
Yes, just a hover test!

Ever wonder why you have to increase aircraft altitude the farther you get from your take off home point? I get asked this all the time and wrote a short paper (attached to this post) describing the "fresnel zone" and how it affects drone pilots.

Attachments

• Fresnel-Zone-for-Drone-Pilots.pdf
    976.3 KB · Views: 49
Ever wonder why you have to increase aircraft altitude the farther you get from your take off home point? I get asked this all the time and wrote a short paper (attached to this post) describing the "fresnel zone" and how it affects drone pilots.
Wait... I thought earth was flat... LOL

But seriously, this is a cool read. I skimmed it briefly, will look at it closer a little later.

Thanks for taking the time to do this skyninja. I am even more confused now and not sure how/when/why the heavy weight auto land decides to kick in.

Yes this is confusing, autoland kicked in for me at 06:26.
I wonder if this is what caused my landing when I flew the distance limit flight. Maybe when it disconnected at 58,800’ and started hovering autoland may have kicked in, causing it not to return home.

Do you think it may be a heat or amp draw issue? The temperature was about 45° when I did the test yesterday. And right before auto land kicked in the battery percentage change from green to red.

I have occasionally seen the M1 kick into auto landing early during high discharge in cold temperatures.

The M2 will also do it in manual mode if flown aggressively even when the voltage is well above safe levels so it must be a current draw limit. Time to review battery parameters in Assistant. Maybe we'll get lucky and it's adjustable.

I have occasionally seen the M1 kick into auto landing early during high discharge in cold temperatures.

The M2 will also do it in manual mode if flown aggressively even when the voltage is well above safe levels so it must be a current draw limit. Time to review battery parameters in Assistant. Maybe we'll get lucky and it's adjustable.
My theory at the moment (actually a wild guess) is that the issue happens in hover only. Need to stay moving forward at all times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard