DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Battery Mods

My theory at the moment (actually a wild guess) is that the issue happens in hover only. Need to stay moving forward at all times.

My guess is while the MP is hovering and drawing more current from the additional weight, the MP fan is unable to cool the ESC well enough triggering a autoland. When the MP is moving the additional air flow keeps the ESC temperatures down prevent the autoland.

My guess is while the MP is hovering and drawing more current from the additional weight, the MP fan is unable to cool the ESC well enough triggering a autoland. When the MP is moving the additional air flow keeps the ESC temperatures down prevent the autoland.
I wonder then why your M2 flew for 6 minutes before the auto landing kicked in and mine and beanbubba's auto lands in 60 seconds. However, I just hovered for 15 minutes with only one MS4000 (mounted but not connected) and never did get an auto land. (too windy around here to try a flight):(

By the way, how did you get your zoom slider to dim? My never dims out!:mad:
zoomslider.png

I wonder then why your M2 flew for 6 minutes before the auto landing kicked in and mine and beanbubba's auto lands in 60 seconds. However, I just hovered for 15 minutes with only one MS4000 (mounted but not connected) and never did get an auto land. (too windy around here to try a flight):(

By the way, how did you get your zoom slider to dim? My never dims out!:mad:
View attachment 53175

I thing it flew for six minutes because the temperature was around 45°.

my zoom slider has always been transparent. Not sure if there is a setting to change it.

My M2 is awaiting parts so cannot test this. Can you guys try setting battery_type to 3, and lowering the emergency voltage parameter to 2800 or lower.

My M2 is awaiting parts so cannot test this. Can you guys try setting battery_type to 3, and lowering the emergency voltage parameter to 2800 or lower.

Sure thing.

On a related topic, my motor mod'ed M2 (with P3 motors) auto lands with even the lightest additional payload. I decided to do a hover test today with the factory battery and sunhans amp (AUW 1110 grams). I got 25 minutes (with 15 mph steady winds) and she purrs like a kitten and handles wonderfully in this config and reports no errors. I hope to figure all this out and able to exploit this very cool mod.

EDIT: during the hover test flight the RPMs averaged 440 and the sport mode power indicator hovered around 55%.

Reactions: SkyNinja and mlash
Didn't work! Type 3 and voltage 2800:(

Didn't work! Type 3 and voltage 2800:(
I notice even on battery type 3 you still get the critical battery warning, but no auto land descent.
M2 must be different. I never tried anything beyond 3 but might be worth testing.

Search for parameter 'bat' and 'vol' there's some interesting battery related ones.

I just did a 15 minute flight hover with 507g loaded up and didn't get an auto landing. I'm out of batteries for the night but tomorrow I will increase the weight until I find out what the weight limit might be on my bird.

Wednesday my new Mavic 2 Zoom will be here:p hopefully it won't already have V.0100 on it (I needed a second controller anyway)! We will see if this has to do with the update or not! o_OThumbswayup

I just did a 15 minute flight hover with 507g loaded up and didn't get an auto landing. I'm out of batteries for the night but tomorrow I will increase the weight until I find out what the weight limit might be on my bird.

Wednesday my new Mavic 2 Zoom will be here:p hopefully it won't already have V.0100 on it (I needed a second controller anyway)! We will see if this has to do with the update or not! o_OThumbswayup

Did you change anything? What was your AUW?

Is this telling me that it knows that I have updated to 0.100 or is it letting me know that it's available? It's like it knows that I have updated in the past!
View attachment 52995
I got mine in mail yesterday and was on 1000 fw and said same thing I didn't upgrade it yet. It worked fine in the house but Raining till Friday so no fun for me20181112_145532.jpg

I've used them a few times got the battery clips from a mavic pro Platinum when local dealers were out

You should not have a problem at that weight, my last distance flight out to 58k and back was at AUW 1489g.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25