DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
I am having trouble finding a quality Tablet holder controller setup that is of good quality.I have bought TWO...both of which are shabby...The first one had a plastic tension knob that got stripped and can no longer secure the tablet...The next i received yesterday and it too seems to be poor quality and no matter how i try i can not figure it out...It LOOKS impressive...it is flimsy...crap..the other had a slightly different design and the spring loaded holder (the same as the top piece shown here) broke in 2 days...to secure the tablet you must pull on one end of this clamp to secure the tablet....the spring popped out of the housing and it is junk...Any suggestions ?The tablet is large compared to a smart phone and the tension needed is TOO much for the much larger tablet to secure...so far close to $ 50 out the window...What do you recommend ?mavic.jpgmavic.jpgmavic.jpg

I am having trouble finding a quality Tablet holder controller setup that is of good quality.I have bought TWO...both of which are shabby...The first one had a plastic tension knob that got stripped and can no longer secure the tablet...The next i received yesterday and it too seems to be poor quality and no matter how i try i can not figure it out...It LOOKS impressive...it is flimsy...crap..the other had a slightly different design and the spring loaded holder (the same as the top piece shown here) broke in 2 days...to secure the tablet you must pull on one end of this clamp to secure the tablet....the spring popped out of the housing and it is junk...Any suggestions ?The tablet is large compared to a smart phone and the tension needed is TOO much for the much larger tablet to secure...so far close to $ 50 out the window...What do you recommend ?View attachment 55919View attachment 55919View attachment 55919
i have this one works fine for me holds my 8inch tablet no problem and i got it so as to be able to see the controller screen when flying there may be other ones better made in alloy but the one i tried that fitted in the original phone holder hid the controller screen its a matter of choice which you prefer

Reactions: swings16
I am having trouble finding a quality Tablet holder controller setup that is of good quality.I have bought TWO...both of which are shabby...The first one had a plastic tension knob that got stripped and can no longer secure the tablet...The next i received yesterday and it too seems to be poor quality and no matter how i try i can not figure it out...It LOOKS impressive...it is flimsy...crap..the other had a slightly different design and the spring loaded holder (the same as the top piece shown here) broke in 2 days...to secure the tablet you must pull on one end of this clamp to secure the tablet....the spring popped out of the housing and it is junk...Any suggestions ?The tablet is large compared to a smart phone and the tension needed is TOO much for the much larger tablet to secure...so far close to $ 50 out the window...What do you recommend ?View attachment 55919View attachment 55919View attachment 55919
The one I've used most for my iPad Air 2 9.7" is THIS ONE, I love it, it comes apart into 2 pieces and is small enough to fit in my bag, plus it's not very expensive.
61hXqFSXLqL._SL1200_.jpg

Another slightly more expensive option I like is THIS ONE by FREEWELL. It is similar to the much more expensive MavMount.
81tu2gfGOtL._SL1500_.jpg

If you have an unlimited budget, I'd recommend the MavMount

That was the first one that i got.It lasted a week.The plastic knob that secured the expandable section became stripped...i wasn't getting the tablet secure enough for my preference and i may have over tightened it BUT the springs popped out of the expandable section making the whole thing useless...i would not like to go back to using regular cell phone (because of the limited screen view) but i may have to do so...when i stretch the expanding part (with the springs within) i feel the heavy pressure that it uses in holding the Tablet...Frustrating..2 down and i don't know what to do next...THANKS for the feedback...i will work it out

That was the first one that i got.It lasted a week.The plastic knob that secured the expandable section became stripped...i wasn't getting the tablet secure enough for my preference and i may have over tightened it BUT the springs popped out of the expandable section making the whole thing useless...i would not like to go back to using regular cell phone (because of the limited screen view) but i may have to do so...when i stretch the expanding part (with the springs within) i feel the heavy pressure that it uses in holding the Tablet...Frustrating..2 down and i don't know what to do next...THANKS for the feedback...i will work it out
The second option I sent may be a good alternative for you then, with ball mount and receiver being aluminum it is a little more robust. I have used that first Skyreat one for countless flights without it stripping... knock on wood, perhaps you received a bad unit or did over-tighten it.

The second option I sent may be a good alternative for you then, with ball mount and receiver being aluminum it is a little more robust. I have used that first Skyreat one for countless flights without it stripping... knock on wood, perhaps you received a bad unit or did over-tighten it.

Thank you for your reply...I just came in from having a spin up in the air and i have solved my problem...(i feel like a dope for not doing this earlier..) i was using the i pad horizontally...i didn't think that the cord between controller and pad was long enough to fit,it WAS... it is long enough to get plugged into the controller...i turned it vertically,the stretch of the springs within the holder was 1/2 the pressure and the other way it made the holder pop the springs and in turning the pad around there is minimal (but enough)pressure to have it locked in and secure...it now is just as i wanted it and i had almost a 1/2 of an hour in the air today...Thanks All and Thank YOU for your input

Hi All
My Mavic Pro...there are 2 little doors on either side of the unit...One has a slot for a mini Cam card... (and options for wi fi OR RC) and the other has a mini slot for a cable...I have the cable that fits in the slot opening...My question...What is that opening (slot) for ? I have no clue ...Thanks...Martin

Hi All
My Mavic Pro...there are 2 little doors on either side of the unit...One has a slot for a mini Cam card... (and options for wi fi OR RC) and the other has a mini slot for a cable...I have the cable that fits in the slot opening...My question...What is that opening (slot) for ? I have no clue ...Thanks...Martin
To attach the drone to your pc

Reactions: Bobby Brown
To attach the drone to your pc

Yes it is...BUT,what can be accessed ? I plugged in with the proper cable,and...ZIP,ZERO..Nothing I was thinking that i may be able to access pictures within (i know that the chip comes out and the pics can be accessed) but nothing shows up...WEIRD...any thoughts ? THANK YOU

Yes it is...BUT,what can be accessed ? I plugged in with the proper cable,and...ZIP,ZERO..Nothing I was thinking that i may be able to access pictures within (i know that the chip comes out and the pics can be accessed) but nothing shows up...WEIRD...any thoughts ? THANK YOU
when you run the DJI assistant 2 on your PC and plug it in all will be revealed find it in the DJI site it is an alternative method of accessing your pics to removing the SD card

when you run the DJI assistant 2 on your PC and plug it in all will be revealed find it in the DJI site it is an alternative method of accessing your pics to removing the SD card

DJI Assisant 2 ? Man i have so much to learn...Thanks

Hey all - we've had a lot of requests for decals, t-shirts, etc.. so we decided to partner with a few community members to provide our "officially licensed" merchandise.

Reactions: fozzzy
Run it in DJI Assistant ?

Run it in DJI Assistant ? Where do i go to run THE DJI Assistant ? Is this only for d/l pics ? I have no problem taking the card out and using the compatible holder to put in my my PC to view the pics...is that all it is for ? I would be happy to do it my way but what am i missing ? (if anything )

Run it in DJI Assistant ?

Run it in DJI Assistant ? Where do i go to run THE DJI Assistant ? Is this only for d/l pics ? I have no problem taking the card out and using the compatible holder to put in my my PC to view the pics...is that all it is for ? I would be happy to do it my way but what am i missing ? (if anything )
no worries most of us do it that way just be careful handling the card

COOL

I think you should add # Crashes and a bunch of white boxes on the shirts so we can check off how many times we have crashed. I've flown mine 5 times and crashed twice.

just enter code blackfriday when checking out! Coupon code expires Saturday November 25th at 11:59pm EST
The Black Friday code is expired, it will come again next Black Friday though.

Thanks Aerial-Pixel, I recieved my FAA numbers in only 3 days and they look great and easy to apply.

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
Thanks Aerial-Pixel, I recieved my FAA numbers in only 3 days and they look great and easy to apply.
Awesome! Glad you like them, fly safe!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada