DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MavicPilots Site Analytics

Skywatcher2001

Reactions
Good morning guys/gals:

I'm curious about something. Since I joined a few months ago, I noticed quite a few new members joining (which is awesome). It appears that their age averages in the 50 something range (based on the ones I've seen). So I'm wondering if you (the moderators/staff members) share the site analytics with the members. Information like ages, demographics (men/women/teen statistics), most popular drones, most popular places to fly, pilot locations globally . . . etc. Just fun and interesting stats.

It would be interesting to see a graph chart on some of this . . .

It has been a lot of new members joining and some days it surprises me but I don't see what you ask and don't know if Admin has it or not but we can ask @clackey if that is possibly .
It might be private info I don't know.

Thanks for the feedback. We don't really collect or aggregate much information on our users but I'd say that you are correct the audience tends to skew older here. I think some of it is disposable income-based and some of it is the younger people are likely on other channels - facebook groups, etc..

Thanks guys for the response. It would be interesting just to see where the numbers fall . . .I really appreciate you two for all your 'behind the scene' work that probably goes thankless. This is a huge forum and growing by the hour. Managing it cannot be easy. Just know that you are appreciated.

from my perspective i think that as @clackey said older people tend to have disposable income ,but for me the biggest reason is that they also have more time to enjoy the hobby ,when the weather allows i would certainly not have as much flying time in if i was not retired

I've always been a numbers guy. My dad took me outside on my birthday 7/16/1969 and pointed to the sky. I was 5. It was the day Apollo 11 blasted off from Cape Canaveral thundering towards the moon. I wanted to be on that rocket sooo bad! So my dad said its math that would get you there. He left out A WHOLE LOT but math was the essential part. I never forgot that day. Since then my schooling was always on the heavy math and science side.

So guys I'm just curious. Out of 100,000 forum members; how many are women pilots, how many fly the zoom, how many on the west coast (or east coast) . . . the mid west. Useless info for the forum but it is probably collected but not synthesized into useful statistical data.

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: dirkclod

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore