DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavik Air flying Erratic after Firmware Update

sstimeare

Reactions
Problem?
I've been having issues after update. My MA now drifts and rotates on it's own. While recording it would start to pan left, i would constantly try to compensate and it would then continue to roatate. After a few seconds it would stop. MA also would drift continuously to the left. I

Was unit in a crash? NO

What have you tried so far?
redid all my settings after update. Did compass calibration and IMU as well. I'm positive this is because of the update, everything worked perfectly before the firmware update. I've updated the drone, remote and batteries using Assistant 2.. I also made sure i Downloaded the newest version of GO4.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? IPHONE 8PLUS

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
V01.00.0400

What Go app version are you using?4.2.14

Any modification?
(if so what)
no
Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
no

Reactions: BMW Z4
I'd say start with a stick calibration, though I have a feeling this isn't the issue. It could also be where you are taking off from. If you are starting from a concrete surface, there is the possibility of magnetic interference. If recalibrating and taking off from grass doesn't work, try refreshing the firmware. If it doesn't work, downgrade to last known-working firmware and see if the issue persists.

Reactions: sstimeare
Update via DJI assist 2 instead of the go4 app or check your flight logs

final solution, get the mavic pro wink wink

You are not alone: Mine was also drifting after the update. I was flying in a dense place and it was windy as well. I thought it was the wind. Will try this weekend in an open field.

Problem?
I've been having issues after update. My MA now drifts and rotates on it's own. While recording it would start to pan left, i would constantly try to compensate and it would then continue to roatate. After a few seconds it would stop. MA also would drift continuously to the left. I

Was unit in a crash? NO

What have you tried so far?
redid all my settings after update. Did compass calibration and IMU as well. I'm positive this is because of the update, everything worked perfectly before the firmware update. I've updated the drone, remote and batteries using Assistant 2.. I also made sure i Downloaded the newest version of GO4.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? IPHONE 8PLUS

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
V01.00.0400

What Go app version are you using?4.2.14

Any modification?
(if so what)
no
Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
no
I have the same setup as you & don't have any problems. As suggested above, try an update via DJI assist - you may have a FW corruption

I'd say start with a stick calibration, though I have a feeling this isn't the issue. It could also be where you are taking off from. If you are starting from a concrete surface, there is the possibility of magnetic interference. If recalibrating and taking off from grass doesn't work, try refreshing the firmware. If it doesn't work, downgrade to last known-working firmware and see if the issue persists.

I’ve tried 3 different locations miles and miles apart from one another. All from the ground... no concrete or metal.

As I mentioned in my post I used assistant 2 for all my firmware upgrades.

I’m not given the option to revert back to any previous firmware versions through assistant like previous firmware versions before this one.

I will try a stick calibration as well.

I’ve tried 3 different locations miles and miles apart from one another. All from the ground... no concrete or metal.

I’m not given the option to revert back to any previous firmware versions through assistant like previous firmware versions before this one.

As DJI said in the latest release notes, you can’t role back from the latest FW version.

You should be able to refresh it, though.

UPDATE: So after redoing the Visual Calibration through DJI assistant and doing a remote sticks calibration, along with uninstalling and reinstalling GO4, the problem seems to have been resolved. I don't know if it was a combonation of all of these, or if it was just one of them that fixed it. But, Air now hovers in place and doesn't shift. Fly's straight and doesn't seem to rotate on its own anymore. Flew in various flight modes as well as Sport, all seemed to work fine. I'm also not getting tons of compass calibration alerts anymore. Very weird...

Hope that helps anyone with similar issue.

Reactions: EzeZ
For me it was/is not that dramatic. Just drifing and shlowly yawing. I was not trying a longer flight and higher altitude with this firmware, because I was unsure about the stange behaviour.
Also it was not a sudden event. It was just flying less stable than before.

For me it was/is not that dramatic. Just drifing and shlowly yawing. I was not trying a longer flight and higher altitude with this firmware, because I was unsure about the stange behaviour.
Also it was not a sudden event. It was just flying less stable than before.
This is kind of where i'm at now. I've gotten it to about 90% percent of the control I had prior to doing the update. It's dramatically better, but far from perfect.

Same problem here plus!

Ever since updating to v01.00.0400 my once flawless MA has started glitching in yaw about 10-20 degrees to the left (very rapid sudden jerk while hovering) about a minute after take off. This seems to be 100% repeatable. The glitch does not seem to reoccur after the initial one but I am being very careful at this point and not venturing off to far. Also I have noticed that the yaw is not "locked in" like it used to be. The aircraft slowly turns left or right without any stick input while hovering. I have re-calibrated the compass and the IMU and the sensor status page shows little to no interference with the sensors or the compass.

Ditto, my Mavic Air auto Yaws 15 degrees left about 6 feet above ground level during takeoff. The uncontrolled response is very noticeable as if it were a deliberate response and it is clearly receiving the command from somewhere. It’s not drifting.

Additionally, when RTH is initiated and the drone reaches the home point and orients itself to the direction of takeoff before landing, it is orientating Itself 15 degrees left of the original takeoff direction just prior to its decent.

On the first flight of the day I’m getting the yaw upon takeoff and after that it seems fine but the RTH issue where the drone is 15 degrees left of its takeoff orientation is persistent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre