DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavik Pro slams to ground after firmware update

Reactions
2 weeks ago I returned from Ireland where I was able to capture some footage but high winds or no-fly zones kept me from doing much besides vacation and sightsee. When returning, I kept getting firmware update notices, so I went ahead and once it was complete tried flying again. This time upon takeoff, it tried escalating straight up even when I was not directing it. Thinking something was wrong, I tried to land it. It came down to about 3 or 4 feet and did not want to land. I kept the controller held down, and it proceeded to slam itself into the ground and bounce up, kept it held down until it finally stayed on ground and stopped.
Anyone experience the same or know what could cause this?

I had the same problem recently but I have mailed mine in to look over some problems too...anyone else?!

Holding sticks down will not cause a motor shutdown. Its stick down and no motion on the vario that is required.

Looks like you need a little more study. Holding both sticks down and in or out WILL shut down the motors. Even if it is 400' up.

We need the flight log @msinger or @sar will get to the bottom of this latest "firmware" issue.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Holding both sticks down and in or out WILL shut down the motors

You need to read. The post I responded to said "Down". Not sticks down and in / out.

Where did I say Down and In / or Out?

Having flown since P2 and owning more than a dozen DJI Drones I think I know what I am talking about. And I don't react to posts and misread them.

My original drone the P2 would in fact not CSC in mid flight. I haven't tried it on my Sparks or Mavics or P3 and P4. As that would be extreme stupid.

The motor off in a normal landing requires a Vaio no change. As I stated in my post.

Cheers.

You need to read. The post I responded to said "Down". Not sticks down and in / out.

Where did I say Down and In / or Out?

Having flown since P2 and owning more than a dozen DJI Drones I think I know what I am talking about. And I don't react to posts and misread them.

My original drone the P2 would in fact not CSC in mid flight. I haven't tried it on my Sparks or Mavics or P3 and P4. As that would be extreme stupid.

The motor off in a normal landing requires a Vaio no change. As I stated in my post.

Cheers.

Agreed on the stick down motor stop requirement, but the P2 will shutdown mid-flight if you give it the standard 2-stick CSC.

Best answer. Don’t update.
Lets see if the update was the problem, I bet NO. Because it almost NEVER is.
OP needs to post the flight records so we can find out.

Agreed on the stick down motor stop requirement, but the P2 will shutdown mid-flight if you give it the standard 2-stick CSC.

The Phantom 2 Vision Plus When shipped by DJI will not shutdown in flight using the CSC. You can also enable Naza Flight mode and it will still not shut down in flight with the CSC command. As long as you use the Phantom 2 assist Program.

The P2 assist program does not require a save commend as it writes as soon as the value changes.

Some people however downloaded the NAZA V2 assistant program to see what else they could do with their P2s. The NAza v2 Assistant has the setting available to do in immediate shutdowns and is the default setting.

All anyone had to do was to connect the P2 to the Naza V2 assistant and that was it. a CSC shutdown in midair will happen.

But that is not the default or possible using the correct tools for the P2.

The 2 Shutdown methodologies are available in the fight controllers. It is a Configuration setting. CSC Intelligent or Immediate.

Intelligent will not shut down in flight, immediate will.

Default setting of Phantom 2 Vision Plus is Intelligent and cant be changed without using the Naza V2 Assistant program.

Here is an extract of the modes. From the Naza M V2 manual.

csc.png

The Phantom 2 Vision Plus When shipped by DJI will not shutdown in flight using the CSC. You can also enable Naza Flight mode and it will still not shut down in flight with the CSC command. As long as you use the Phantom 2 assist Program.

The P2 assist program does not require a save commend as it writes as soon as the value changes.

Some people however downloaded the NAZA V2 assistant program to see what else they could do with their P2s. The NAza v2 Assistant has the setting available to do in immediate shutdowns and is the default setting.

All anyone had to do was to connect the P2 to the Naza V2 assistant and that was it. a CSC shutdown in midair will happen.

But that is not the default or possible using the correct tools for the P2.

The 2 Shutdown methodologies are available in the fight controllers. It is a Configuration setting. CSC Intelligent or Immediate.

Intelligent will not shut down in flight, immediate will.

Default setting of Phantom 2 Vision Plus is Intelligent and cant be changed without using the Naza V2 Assistant program.

Here is an extract of the modes. From the Naza M V2 manual.

View attachment 36234

From page 23 of the Phantom 2 user manual v1.1:

screenshot68.png

I never tried it in mid-air with either of my P2s, of course. But perhaps the P2V+ was different, but you only referred to the P2 in your post.

2 weeks ago I returned from Ireland where I was able to capture some footage but high winds or no-fly zones kept me from doing much besides vacation and sightsee. When returning, I kept getting firmware update notices, so I went ahead and once it was complete tried flying again. This time upon takeoff, it tried escalating straight up even when I was not directing it. Thinking something was wrong, I tried to land it. It came down to about 3 or 4 feet and did not want to land. I kept the controller held down, and it proceeded to slam itself into the ground and bounce up, kept it held down until it finally stayed on ground and stopped.
Anyone experience the same or know what could cause this?

I don't know if my case is similar to yours but... Recently I am getting an "ultrasonic sensor error", but in the first time I didn't even noticed what was that about, so I proceeded to land normally, pulling left stick all the way down, and mavic just slammed pretty hard int the ground and got up a few feet again. Then I realized it was not "seeing" the ground level anymore, so I had to slowly take it down, and even then it fought a little to stop motors after landing, just like when you hand catch it.

I don't know if my case is similar to yours but... Recently I am getting an "ultrasonic sensor error", but in the first time I didn't even noticed what was that about, so I proceeded to land normally, pulling left stick all the way down, and mavic just slammed pretty hard int the ground and got up a few feet again. Then I realized it was not "seeing" the ground level anymore, so I had to slowly take it down, and even then it fought a little to stop motors after landing, just like when you hand catch it.

Most likely in this case, the downward vision sensors were off. The AC will then slam to the ground instead of a gentle calibrated landing

Reactions: Mossiback
Looks like you need a little more study. Holding both sticks down and in or out WILL shut down the motors. Even if it is 400' up.

We need the flight log @msinger or @sar will get to the bottom of this latest "firmware" issue.
Not on a MP unless you change the setting in the app.
csc.jpg
cscapp.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000