DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max speed in Tripod and Normal mode

MavicMan64

Reactions
Okay, so today I took my MA2 out for the first time in about a 2 weeks because the weather has been too cold here and I've been busy. I charged all 3 batteries today so they were all at 100%. Went through all my usual checklist before takeoff and all was good.

I had battery #1 in the drone when I took off from the same spot I've flown a few times.

I proceed to upwards to about 50 meters then started forward. This when I noticed the drone was barely moving. I checked the telemetry on my phone and the max speed I was getting was 7.9 km/h in both Tripod and Normal mode. I then switched to Sport mode and it was moving at the normal speed. Switched it back to N and T mode and still barely moving. I fly with this battery until it was down to 30 percent.

The drone responded normally with Battery #2 & 3. I've checked Airdata and it did not show any abnormality with battery #1.

Has anyone here experience this issue before? I will test battery #1 again tomorrow or when the weather is better. Today was a bright sunny day and only -2 C.

Thanks

Reactions: djctwo
Wow, I don't believe that no one has chimed in on this. Has anyone ever experience the above?

Can you post the log file ( or Airdata link ) for the flights done with each battery ?

In the first flight, the mode alternated between Normal ( light purple ) and Sport ( pink ) before going to Tripod ( sand yellow ). In Normal mode, full-forward stick input only resulted in a speed of 2.1 m/s and a pitch angle of 4~6 degrees so that was definitely abnormal.
1608600780150.png

In the second flight, the craft only stayed very briefly in Normal mode without any stick input.
In the last flight, everything went back to normal. The full speed in Normal mode was 11 m/s and pitch angle was 20 deg

Unfortunately the log gives no clue on what might have caused it. I highly doubt if the battery is the reason and tend to believe that it's due to some software glitches which disappeared after power reset.

Reactions: djctwo
In the first flight, the mode alternated between Normal ( light purple ) and Sport ( pink ) before going to Tripod ( sand yellow ). In Normal mode, full-forward stick input only resulted in a speed of 2.1 m/s and a pitch angle of 4~6 degrees so that was definitely abnormal.
View attachment 119852

In the second flight, the craft only stayed very briefly in Normal mode without any stick input.
In the last flight, everything went back to normal. The full speed in Normal mode was 11 m/s and pitch angle was 20 deg

Unfortunately the log gives no clue on what might have caused it. I highly doubt if the battery is the reason and tend to believe that it's due to some software glitches which disappeared after power reset.
Hi there,

Test flight today with the same battery and all was fine with the drone. Battery check also look normal. Thanks so much for your help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143