DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maximum flight altitude

angusc

Reactions
Hi,

I live in the Mid Pyrenees France, and my house is at 600m ASL. There is a mountain within 1km to the peak of the mountain and I want to fly up to the top to video over the ridge, however the maximum altitude that I can set is 500m relative from ground level of my house and the peak is around 750m.

How can I ascend this mountain without being limited by the altitude settings as no planes will fly within this area so flying higher that 500m above the start altitude should be safe.

Any suggestions and guidance would be great, thank you.

How can I ascend this mountain without being limited by the altitude settings as no planes will fly within this area so flying higher that 500m above the start altitude should be safe.
You'll need to climb the mountain at least 250 meters so the takeoff point is high enough to clear the top.

Hi,

I live in the Mid Pyrenees France, and my house is at 600m ASL. There is a mountain within 1km to the peak of the mountain and I want to fly up to the top to video over the ridge, however the maximum altitude that I can set is 500m relative from ground level of my house and the peak is around 750m.

Any suggestions and guidance would be great, thank you.

You can bypass the altitude setting but if you do then DJI is not responsible for anything that happens to the drone and also check your local regulations for the legal altitude limit

Reactions: angusc
You can bypass the altitude setting but if you do then DJI is not responsible for anything that happens to the drone and also check your local regulations for the legal altitude limit
But that's the issue that I'm only trying to fly no more than 30m above the ground level of the ascending mountain but overall it is above the 500m maximum altitude from the takeoff point. How can I set a higher altitude as during the flight I went in to the settings when I got the maximum altitude reached message but couldn't increase above the 500m.

You'll need to climb the mountain at least 250 meters so the takeoff point is high enough to clear the top.
Ahhh but then I can't sit on my veranda and drink coffee while flying to the top! :)

Last edited:
It only goes by takeoff point not distance from ground
Well I think that is obvious and the point of my opening post.....in this particular situation how can we work around it as we are not trying to fly in to commercial airspace.

The only way isn't up for discussion here
Ok got it......but it is a legitimate problem that should not be a problem. The Mavic needs to be able to compensate for actual height from ground rather than just maximum altitude from take off (IMHO).

Reactions: Prado man
I don't have mountains here to test at the moment but I'm sure that with waypoint mode on litchi you can set a route and select the altitude you want on each point relative to the ground level. Litchi knows the topography and adjusts the waypoints height. Again. Don't know if it will allow you to go over the 500m from takeoff but there is a chance

Reactions: angusc
I don't have mountains here to test at the moment but I'm sure that with waypoint mode on litchi you can set a route and select the altitude you want on each point relative to the ground level. Litchi knows the topography and adjusts the waypoints height. Again. Don't know if it will allow you to go over the 500m from takeoff but there is a chance
Thanx, I have litchi but never tried it yet as I'm still a new pilot and learning the DJI Go pro app functions. I will investigate the features in litchi. I guess I should also checkout the terrain mode in the Go Pro app in case that mode might bypass the maximum altitude.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom