DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maximum height we can hear a Mavic?

Altitude is measured above sea level.
Height it's measured above whatever reference you want, and we are interested on height above terrain.

"Height" is ambiguous in English.

A typical meaning of "height" is the distance to the top of an object from the bottom of that object. You measure the width of a bookcase and the depth of a bookcase. You don't measure the "tallness" of a bookcase, you measure its "height". If that measurement is 1.5 meters, that doesn't change (much, for physics nerds) if it's at sea level or atop a mountain.

An ambiguity arises when one asks "how tall is that bookcase" versus "how high is that bookcase", which can easily have very different answers, but asking the same two questions about a mountain would normally result in the same answer for each.

In medicine, we refer to a patient's "height" and anticipate that to remain constant even when the patient's altitude varies. "What is my altitude", "what is my height", and "how high am I" are very different questions and determining the answer to the last one requires further clarifying questions.

As always, the best jokes are the ones I have to explain.

I never fly below 250 feet when I'm around people and I'm concerned about bothering them. There is almost always ambient noise of at least 60 db except in rare cases where I fly. At most the Mavic makes a slight buzzing sound at that height. If it is an extremely quiet environment, I'd just go higher. Btw, the new quieter blades really are much quieter. A buddy and I were flying at the same time and it was very obvious his was much quieter. But mine sounded angrier and I like that - haha ..

Pretty much the keywords I used (except I used 'db' rather than 'test'), but yours doesn't come up with any videos either :-(.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom