DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maybe a better landing pad.

Matparlier

Reactions
Hardly worthy of a post but I think I have found a better, cheaper (free) and more durable landing pad than the ones on sale that fold up and go in a bag.
A 3 x3 foot piece of used carpet remnant with duct tape to provide your preferred pattern.
The carpet does not need to be staked down.
The carpet can be easily stored and transported
The carpet remnant can be used for other things like a ground pad for tire change or putting on chains.
The carpet remnant greatly reduces dust and debris as it captures flying debris.
And when you are done with it. or don't like it......throw it away and make another one.
Nuts...I know but it works better than any commercial unit I have tried.

I know some people use the carpet from their car.
I didn't figure I would get a reply but the car carpet is a simpler way.
If you desire accurate landing...you may want to put (duct tape or other)
standard landing pad pattern. From my experience....the pattern seems to matter.
Thanks,
Mat

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
I paid less than $10 on amazon for a landing pad that folds up, stows in a carrying bag, and has 3 plastic stakes to hold it down. Surely that's cheap enough for anyone? o_O

Reactions: Fried Eagle
I paid less than $10 on amazon for a landing pad that folds up, stows in a carrying bag, and has 3 plastic stakes to hold it down. Surely that's cheap enough for anyone? o_O
Yes, but.....the round nylon (or polyester) landing pads with stakes take time to set up and will blow away in a breeze if not staked down. So, whatever works best for you...so you can....fly more.Thumbswayup

Hardly worthy of a post but I think I have found a better, cheaper (free) and more durable landing pad than the ones on sale that fold up and go in a bag.
A 3 x3 foot piece of used carpet remnant with duct tape to provide your preferred pattern.
The carpet does not need to be staked down.
The carpet can be easily stored and transported
The carpet remnant can be used for other things like a ground pad for tire change or putting on chains.
The carpet remnant greatly reduces dust and debris as it captures flying debris.
And when you are done with it. or don't like it......throw it away and make another one.
Nuts...I know but it works better than any commercial unit I have tried.
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking of buying a landing pad but this is a better solution, and cheaper

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS