DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maybe this is a good way to reduce your neighbors hassle when flying your drone

I can tell you right now when the Hazmut Vest guys come to check on the River for toxins , everyone gathers to see what all the commotion is about .

People call the police and ask why are they taking samples of the River ?

The same thing is going to happen with you , and the police will come and your going to spend your quality time telling them all about how you just want to fly in peace. Please forget this idea , there our so many better ways for you to use to avoid people.

Your Practicing your search and rescue techniques.
Your Practicing to be on the Neighbor hood watch.

These two ideas alone will for the most part take care of any larry, curly or moe that come your way.

One thing that should be noted is that many of these individuals using the those vest want the freedom to Roam where they should not be.
I am not sure how that is a good thing , but there are plenty of posts of how these Vest can get them to walk thru anywhere ....

I just know that One day this Vest , a Construction hat , 5 cones , and a flare our going to be needed to fly a drone and its going to be worse than any flight restriction and were going to be the ones who did it to ourselves for the sake of Peaceful flying .

Phantomrain.org
coal

I think a vest displaying FAA Drone Pilot is in no way going to attract the interest as much as a vest with HAZMAT on it. Again, my experience with folks driving and walking by me has been no one stop to take a long look or question me.

I think a vest displaying FAA Drone Pilot is in no way going to attract the interest as much as a vest with HAZMAT on it. Again, my experience with folks driving and walking by me has been no one stop to take a long look or question me.

My point is that I dont want that to become a law . My fear is that the FAA will see how willing we our to have vest and shirts and hats and cones and just make it mandatory.

That was really the point of my post.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

At lunchtime I like flying a bugs3. My most critical time is take off, as I'm getting my sea legs as to trying to get the RC/Drone and mind in sync. A co-worker came up at that exact time and congratulated me on my improvement as a pilot. As my head was swelling up, the drone was taking off down field towards an adjacent building. By the time I stopped it, I didn't know what direction it was facing, so I just cut the engines. It came down fast, and broke an arm when it clipped a concrete parking strip. Wearing a jacket might have helped, but ultimately its pilot error. Super glue and baking soda fixed it, there is no substitute. Ego's take more time to heal.

Hilarious comments. This thread actually got me to buy one. I wanted one to reflect Canadian governing body (TCCA). Found one on etsy out of all the places. They do custom stuff, so I'm sure you can get different sayings. lol. Also I go out to northern remote areas and this will definitely help me stay visible..

Link:

Etsy Listing

Reactions: spicciani2
I guess that if you are wearing a high-viz' jacket, then it's a whole lot more difficult to have the "you are spying on people" accusation thrown at you.

Reactions: dronepilotbob
I guess that if you are wearing a high-viz' jacket, then it's a whole lot more difficult to have the "you are spying on people" accusation thrown at you.

LOL. Very true. Plus some of us dont want to get shot :) There's been times that I didn't even know I was on private property, until owners end up showing up on their ATV's. I feel more comfortable if I'm visible. It all depends where you are flying too.

Reactions: anotherlab
I usually wear a vest when doing anything around the public, and always if it is a commercial job. I had some custom printed for myself and crew... and yeah, I think it helps keep people from disturbing you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329