DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maybe this is a good way to reduce your neighbors hassle when flying your drone

seanwong97

Reactions
Reactions: Masheen
Seems like a good idea, sometimes you just want to be left alone and fly in peace [emoji111]️

You'd be better off with one of these.. you may get lucky too with a lonely housewife. They do love a man in uniform.

825ed10a53435ee2acbeba21bf1a2c3b--fly-plane-airplane-pilot.jpg

I have a yellow vest with a similar label...for commercial (Part 107) jobs I wear that and a hard hat. It generally keeps folks away, at least until I land. Never had a problem.

The only times I’ve been approached while flying like that is the occasional County or State LEO who is curious, always respectful (and courteous). I always show them the flight display and gear and take time to answer their questions.

The universal response is “that’s soooo cool”. Some have asked me take pics of them and their cruiser and I email it to them.

I wear one when flying away from home. So far no one has approached me to ask questions while I've been flying and wearing it.

great if you are actually a commercial registered drone pilot otherwise i agree with skyDogll in post#6

great if you are actually a commercial registered drone pilot otherwise i agree with skyDogll in post#6

It's possible skydogii was referring to the airline pilot uniform (post 5), but it could be applied to the vest too if not a licenced pilot.
Not sure it carries the same offence as wearing a police uniform, but the vest could be held against you if flying irresponsibly.

I like my vest...besides being obnoxious yellow it has retroreflective stripes, several pockets - and shoulder loops for hooking the speaker-mic of my handheld radio.

I plant orange cones in a rectangle to mark off the landing zone and (if I’m stationary) where I’m standing.

This has worked really well for me.

If I anticipate more than a few folks in the vicinity I take along another crew member or two to run interference/answer questions.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I just wear my contractor’s survey vest (while flying in public and for a job) and construction hardhat (while working a job) - it looks real because it is... also get’s me through construction zones on closed roads when necessary - yeah, ok, I know I shouldn’t have but I usually don’t even have to say anything just wave and they let me through with it on. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: PAW
I just wear my contractor’s survey vest (while flying in public and for a job) and construction hardhat (while working a job) - it looks real because it is... also get’s me through construction zones on closed roads when necessary - yeah, ok, I know I shouldn’t have but I usually don’t even have to say anything just wave and they let me through with it on. ;)
Wow never thought of that. I mean if I just throw the hardhat on the dash it might make a difference. I'd probably leave the HAZMAT vest at home though. Wait if I put on my hazmat suit, mask and hardhat on I'd bet nobody would bug me.

Reactions: AMann
Find a vest on Amazon which with ''Commercial Drone Pilot Please Do Not Disturb"
Share with you guys, how do you think ?is this really works and is it legal?
here is the link:Amazon.com : MYRIANN DJI Drone Safety Reflective Vest, Cool Cloth Vest with "Commercial Drone Pilot Please Do Not Disturb", Excellent Flight Experience with DJI inspire, DJI Phantom 3 4, DJI Mavic Pro (Green, L) : Sports & Outdoors

I can tell you right now when the Hazmut Vest guys come to check on the River for toxins , everyone gathers to see what all the commotion is about .

People call the police and ask why are they taking samples of the River ?

The same thing is going to happen with you , and the police will come and your going to spend your quality time telling them all about how you just want to fly in peace. Please forget this idea , there our so many better ways for you to use to avoid people.

Your Practicing your search and rescue techniques.
Your Practicing to be on the Neighbor hood watch.

These two ideas alone will for the most part take care of any larry, curly or moe that come your way.

One thing that should be noted is that many of these individuals using the those vest want the freedom to Roam where they should not be.
I am not sure how that is a good thing , but there are plenty of posts of how these Vest can get them to walk thru anywhere ....

I just know that One day this Vest , a Construction hat , 5 cones , and a flare our going to be needed to fly a drone and its going to be worse than any flight restriction and were going to be the ones who did it to ourselves for the sake of Peaceful flying .

Phantomrain.org
coal

Last edited:
I spent my whole life making sure I could live on my own terms, no suit and tie required, No time stamp and no Motorcycle Helmet laws.

Now you think Parading around with a Night Glow Shirt with some special SIGN is going to change your Fate of flying the Drone is crazy.
I can tell you right now when the Hazmut Vest guys come to check on the River for toxins , everyone gathers to see what all the commotion is about .

People call the police and ask why are they taking samples of the River ?

The same thing is going to happen with you , and the police will come and your going to spend your quality time telling them all about how you just want to fly in peace. Please forget this idea , there our so many better ways for you to use to avoid people.

Your Practicing your search and rescue techniques.
Your Practicing to be on the Neighbor hood watch.

These two ideas alone will for the most part take care of any larry, curly or moe that come your way.

Phantomrain.org
coal

Did you read the post from the member who says he flies while hiding in bushes? I think flying while wearing a ghillie suit would make for an interesting day...

This guy ?

biologicalprotection.jpg

Ok, don’t look up pilot uniforms for adults, that went south really fast. :oops:

Lol, I just HAD to after your post !! ?

Found this . . .

keep-calm-pilot-t-shirt_lr.jpg

Now that should keep them all calm.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member