DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Media perception and drones....

gnirtS

Reactions
This was posted a while ago with the actual report but the BBC have picked it up here:-

Sky battles: Fighting back against rogue drones

The first paragraph alone should be proof enough at the bias, lack of research or any technical knowledge by the so called tech writers:-

Rogue drones have nearly caused air accidents, have been used as offensive weapons, to deliver drugs to prisoners, and to spy on people. So how can we fight back?

This summer a packed Airbus A321 came within 100ft (30m) of disaster after encountering a drone at 15,500ft.

The first paragraph lacks any form of substance, evidence and clearly has an agenda.

The second just shows how they accept physically impossible "facts" as gospel with no questioning or attempt to actually verify. Yes, all drones operate at FL155 and above....

And this is a problem now - a lot of the writers have absolutely no knowledge, experience or details and have no wish to actually spend the time researching an article or verifying its contents.

BBC hasn't been a reliable news source for several years (increasing left wing, increasing disproven "facts" on most subjects etc) and this is just another example of sloppy, no verification journalism.
A lot of their articles have a comments section - this one doesn't so stops anyone querying these statements.

Obviously the writer just took the incident from the discredited Airprox article and made no attempt to actually see if the claims were physically possible.

BBC hasn't been a reliable news source for several years (increasing left wing, increasing disproven "facts" on most subjects etc) and this is just another example of sloppy, no verification journalism.

It's funny --- because here in America we have Fox News which is right-wing and they present "alternative facts" on a daily basis :p

Whenever the media report on something you are familiar with, it becomes blindingly obvious how much mainstream 'News' is a sad mix of propaganda and misinformation.
They get worse, with lazy journalists often reporting 'facts' from twitter and other online sources.

These poorly researched pieces then go on to be regurgitated round the world, in some cases gradually becoming seen as evidence for new legislation.

I'm just sick of all the agendas. Most of the news is sensationalized just like Hollywood & shows on TV. It's mostly fake but even if there is a shread of reality, it's over amplified. Small drones might annoy people but there are much easier ways to do bad things with more common types of deployment. Air traffic is a different animal though and I support safe flying just don't fall for all the media BS.

There are like 3 groups that own all the world's news and media outlets give or take. The internet has turned the world into mob rule without having the mob really rule anything. This combination is unprecedented and will most likely not end well especially with the heartless 1% in control of all the Earth's resources. In other words we are screwed.

LOL...not bait at all! I used to love CNN...my sister retired as a producer there and has told me plenty of stories of them having to omit certain facts or embellish others. They all do it...Fox, CNN, MSNBC....et al.

We're all hearing whatever the corporate owners of the news stations want us to hear and you can choose to believe it or not. I stopped watching main stream media.

Totally saw this. “1% controls the media, don’t watch “mainstream” media stuff coming.
Try popping the USA bubble that surrounds you guys ....once in awhile.
i Know...u don’t get my point.
Of course biased journalism is and always has been a problem at times and not just in the USA...but really?! All reporting on “mainstream” sources is propaganda ? So the non mainstream internet source is more reliable ?
Now THATS funny!
I’ll come back in a few days after this thread is shut down because yet again, it degenerates into an American-centric argument about nothing.
And by the way... Canada is teaming up with the CIA to take your guns AND your drones! ...(it’s a vast conspiracy ,u won’t find it on mainstream media) :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, Drones have become a target because of some stupid people doing dumb newsworthy things with them. Thats a fact!
NOW, anything that even comes close to questionable use will be big news. All it takes is a commercial pilot at 15,000 feet mistakenly thinking he saw a drone flying next to him and reporting it.

Drones are great distraction from the serious issues. The red herring so to speak but in this case the red drone.

in the scheme of things, there isnt THAT much drone news. 1 or 2 a month Nationwide.

I worked in an in industry that was often in the news. Nearly every story had errors so i assume all other topics arre the same. Full of errors. Mostly not malicious but just reporters not knowing what they are writing a out

This was posted a while ago with the actual report but the BBC have picked it up here:-

Sky battles: Fighting back against rogue drones

The first paragraph alone should be proof enough at the bias, lack of research or any technical knowledge by the so called tech writers:-

The first paragraph lacks any form of substance, evidence and clearly has an agenda.

The second just shows how they accept physically impossible "facts" as gospel with no questioning or attempt to actually verify. Yes, all drones operate at FL155 and above....

And this is a problem now - a lot of the writers have absolutely no knowledge, experience or details and have no wish to actually spend the time researching an article or verifying its contents.

A lot of their articles have a comments section - this one doesn't so stops anyone querying these statements.

Obviously the writer just took the incident from the discredited Airprox article and made no attempt to actually see if the claims were physically possible.

The BBC is one of the few reliable news sources left, in that it clearly separates reporting from editorial and opinion. The Airbus incident exists in the CAA database and is being reported as such. The rest of the article is attributed reporting. Sorry - your assessment is wrong on this one.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11