DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Medieval Village Surrounded By River - Buitrago de Lozoya (Spain)

eutx9795

Reactions

74 kilometres from the centre of Madrid (Spain) and over a pronounced meander of the river Lozoya, it has great charm due to its walled area which covers the entire urban area. It is the only town in Madrid that has kept its old walled enclosure intact. It is located in the heart of the Sierra de Guadarrama, which gives it a touch of harmonious nature without equal.

History

Buitrago de Lozoya has in Cayo Flaminio (1st century BC) the first historical reference. It received the name of Litabrum. Until the Middle Ages, there are very few important findings made about Buitrago except that Celtiberians and Carpetans lived.

In the Middle Ages, Buitrago de Lozoya was influenced by Arabs, Romans, Visigoths, Christians, etc. Although it emphasizes the epoch of Roman dominion.

The denomination of Buitrago finds its origins in the XI century with Alfonso VI. It was conquered in 1083, before conquering Toledo, to guarantee the passage of its troops.

Between the fifteenth and seventeenth centuries, Buitrago lived its period of greatest splendor with the Mendoza family in everything related to building construction and urban development.
The Mendoza family came from two humble villages in Alava: Mendoza and Orozco. From them came the house of the Infantado and the lordships of Hita and Buitrago, among others. This family was very important in Castile, where they had many majorazgos. They had numerous members in the court, as well as in America, where they held positions of great importance.

In the eighteenth century Buitrago de Lozoya has its hegemony in terms of commercial and administrative activities. In this century, practically no buildings were built. During the 19th century the walled enclosure gained importance, which served to try to protect the village from invading attacks. The attack by Napoleon, who in 1808 occupied Buitrago and burned the walled enclosure, is noteworthy.

During the twentieth century Buitrago de Lozoya can boast of having received two awards of international importance such as Bien de Interés Cultural a la localidad granted in 1993. The other no less important prize was received by its walls and fortress during the Second Republic in 1931, which were declared National Monuments. Nowadays, every year there is a living nativity scene and a medieval fair, which gives the town a special character and makes it attract many visitors. The living nativity scene takes place during the Christmas season, while the medieval fair is on display in September.

You have been posting some beautiful work from Spain, that is definitely going to be one of the places we go when we go to Europe on our next vacation. Keep up the great work!

Very nice video, great music, reminded me of Game of Thrones.

Thank you very much for so nice comment but just out of curiosity, why does he remind you Game of Thrones?

You have been posting some beautiful work from Spain, that is definitely going to be one of the places we go when we go to Europe on our next vacation. Keep up the great work!

If you need advice when you came here, just ask

I'm glad and proud to know you're thinking on to come to Spain for my videos. Thanks for let me know it!!

Reactions: AMann
Good sound track selection. The soaring orbits and reveals are really nice, I like to use fades for my transistions. The wilderness shots where the village did not appear at all didnt work for me. I like to put those in the beginning to build suspense. focus and exposure were perfect. You could have used a couple more ground level shots as the ones you used fit very nicely. The interior chapel shot seemd a little static but still nice.

Reactions: eutx9795
The next time you fly to such a spectacular medieval village like that, I expect it to be on par with this (including the aerials):

Good sound track selection. The soaring orbits and reveals are really nice, I like to use fades for my transistions. The wilderness shots where the village did not appear at all didnt work for me. I like to put those in the beginning to build suspense. focus and exposure were perfect. You could have used a couple more ground level shots as the ones you used fit very nicely. The interior chapel shot seemd a little static but still nice.
It's really nice to read a critic about the video. Thanks for your time!!

Music is one of the most important part of a video. It rules over the whole video giving calm, dramatic or whatever feeling to the video. I use to take time to choose it.

I prefer to don't add transitions unless they are strictly necessary or give a visual impact on the overall video. When I use them it's to hide something visual strange on the scene change or to give more impact to the video. I use to apply the rule that less is more

I was thinking on start the video with only wilderness scenes as you have suggested but I think that most people will get bored as the scenes aren't to take breath away.

Totally agree about ground shots. I'm still on learning phase about how to move a ground video camera to take nice shots.

Reactions: AMann

74 kilometres from the centre of Madrid (Spain) and over a pronounced meander of the river Lozoya, it has great charm due to its walled area which covers the entire urban area. It is the only town in Madrid that has kept its old walled enclosure intact. It is located in the heart of the Sierra de Guadarrama, which gives it a touch of harmonious nature without equal.

History

Buitrago de Lozoya has in Cayo Flaminio (1st century BC) the first historical reference. It received the name of Litabrum. Until the Middle Ages, there are very few important findings made about Buitrago except that Celtiberians and Carpetans lived.

In the Middle Ages, Buitrago de Lozoya was influenced by Arabs, Romans, Visigoths, Christians, etc. Although it emphasizes the epoch of Roman dominion.

The denomination of Buitrago finds its origins in the XI century with Alfonso VI. It was conquered in 1083, before conquering Toledo, to guarantee the passage of its troops.

Between the fifteenth and seventeenth centuries, Buitrago lived its period of greatest splendor with the Mendoza family in everything related to building construction and urban development.
The Mendoza family came from two humble villages in Alava: Mendoza and Orozco. From them came the house of the Infantado and the lordships of Hita and Buitrago, among others. This family was very important in Castile, where they had many majorazgos. They had numerous members in the court, as well as in America, where they held positions of great importance.

In the eighteenth century Buitrago de Lozoya has its hegemony in terms of commercial and administrative activities. In this century, practically no buildings were built. During the 19th century the walled enclosure gained importance, which served to try to protect the village from invading attacks. The attack by Napoleon, who in 1808 occupied Buitrago and burned the walled enclosure, is noteworthy.

During the twentieth century Buitrago de Lozoya can boast of having received two awards of international importance such as Bien de Interés Cultural a la localidad granted in 1993. The other no less important prize was received by its walls and fortress during the Second Republic in 1931, which were declared National Monuments. Nowadays, every year there is a living nativity scene and a medieval fair, which gives the town a special character and makes it attract many visitors. The living nativity scene takes place during the Christmas season, while the medieval fair is on display in September.
Wow! Beautiful video. Kinda reminds me of a Game of Thrones set. ?

The next time you fly to such a spectacular medieval village like that, I expect it to be on par with this (including the aerials):

I'm sorry but I don't have the budget to have the needed set of drones, cameras, postproduction equipment, time ...etc to be able to make something similar. If you put the money, I can try? ???

It's a very nice scene!!

I'm sorry but I don't have the budget to have the needed set of drones, cameras, postproduction equipment, time ...etc to be able to make something similar. If you put the money, I can try? ???

It's a very nice scene!!

Well, you certainly have the set! No pony?

The video scene is Medieval and Game of Thrones like. Just a first reaction to the video. GOT scenes may have actually been filmed there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS