DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sageb88

Reactions
As the title suggests i have started messing with the DroneBlocks app a little. I have a Mavic Pro and a Tello. I will try to keep things Mavic Pro centered for this thread.

Long story short I use my Mavic for filming mountain biking, backcountry snowboarding rock climbing and hiking. I use it a fair amount around water as well.

Since I fly in a lot of tight spaces I want to minimize risk and automation is the way to go in my mind.

I have programmed a few simple missions such as repeating trolly shots and simple flight patterns that take pictures of a central point.

Has anyone used this app??

I like it and am enjoying learning python on it. But it seems a little limited for the Mavic. I can do more on it with my Tello.

Can you use the if/then function to move on the x,y,z axis’s?

Is there another app such as drone deploy that I should be using? I want to fly automated missions 10’ Orleans from the ground.

Despite being a little limited DroneBlocks is a lot of fun to use. It it making me remember my trig when I am trying to set the gimbal angle to take a picture or video on the ground. It is a small community’s d I think worth checking out for all you pilots that like to tinker. It’s also a great way to learn python and make your drone take smooth steady shots and videos!

Is there another app such as drone deploy that I should be using? I want to fly automated missions 10’ Orleans from the ground.

Check out Litchi and Autopilot. They're both exceptional.

As the title suggests i have started messing with the DroneBlocks app a little. I have a Mavic Pro and a Tello. I will try to keep things Mavic Pro centered for this thread.

Long story short I use my Mavic for filming mountain biking, backcountry snowboarding rock climbing and hiking. I use it a fair amount around water as well.

Since I fly in a lot of tight spaces I want to minimize risk and automation is the way to go in my mind.

I have programmed a few simple missions such as repeating trolly shots and simple flight patterns that take pictures of a central point.

Has anyone used this app??

I like it and am enjoying learning python on it. But it seems a little limited for the Mavic. I can do more on it with my Tello.

Can you use the if/then function to move on the x,y,z axis’s?

Despite being a little limited DroneBlocks is a lot of fun to use. It it making me remember my trig when I am trying to set the gimbal angle to take a picture or video on the ground. It is a small community’s d I think worth checking out for all you pilots that like to tinker. It’s also a great way to learn python and make your drone take smooth steady shots and videos!

I have good success hand flying first to compose/shoot the photos that I want from the mission -- altitude, heading, gimbal pitch. Then pull the metadata and it has lat, long, altitudes, heading (called yaw angle), and camera pitch. Move that info into the WP details of a trial mission, and voila' -- you've got your Litchi mission ready to run as often and as smooth as you want. No trial and error on photo settings.

Reactions: Sageb88
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair