DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miami RiverProject 2020

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This is a 2:42 minute video showing scenes of the Miami River. The river is both a commercial and recreational artery in the center the city of Miami. The amazing development of high rise apartment and office buildings provides a picturesque backdrop to the quiet haven of Lummus Park near downtown, from which many scenes were photographed. Sources for this video were the NikonD750 DSLR and 300mm f/3.5-5.6 camera, the Mavic 2 Pro drone, and the Osmo Action video camera, as well as the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max 4K video.Timelapse scenes were processed usingLRTimelapse5, and video was processed using Adobe Premiere Pro. Full screen and sound for best viewing. All comments welcomed.

@Dale D a very interesting and clever video ,using a variety of images from different types of equipment,and a mixture of filming techniques ,some of those boats were amazing ,and i particularly liked the time lapse of the bridges going up and down ,well worth the watch

@Dale D a very interesting and clever video ,using a variety of images from different types of equipment,and a mixture of filming techniques ,some of those boats were amazing ,and i particularly liked the time lapse of the bridges going up and down ,well worth the watch
Yes- OMM- this place is a gem! There is a nice park right next to the river and all sorts of amazing boats go by all day long. From huge cargo ships to luxury yachts. One boat full of (I guess}
Latinos went by blasting salsa music, and then from another direction, a boat blasting gansta music with every other lyric "M...F...." Quite a mix of cultures. Couples, families, huge luxury boats, and large vessels going into the shipyards along the river for repairs.The scene is constantly changing- a time lapser's paradise, if you can stand the heat, humidity, and boredom waiting for the timelapses.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Great job Dale! Loved the variation of speeds. Especially liked the accelerated nightfall shots of the city reflected in the canal. You made Miami look great!

Great job Dale! Loved the variation of speeds. Especially liked the accelerated nightfall shots of the city reflected in the canal. You made Miami look great!
That was a 2 hour shot,Tom! Did an exposure every 8 seconds, or 8second interval x 60 seconds per minute=480 exposures per hour, or 960 exposures/2 hours, all compressed to about 7 or 8 seconds. E.g.: 2 hours for 8 seconds of the show.

That was a 2 hour shot,Tom! Did an exposure every 8 seconds, or 8second interval x 60 seconds per minute=480 exposures per hour, or 960 exposures/2 hours, all compressed to about 7 or 8 seconds. E.g.: 2 hours for 8 seconds of the show.
Great job of shooting, composing, editing, and flying!

I could just hear the theme from Miami Vice playing in the background.
Well done.

This is a 2:42 minute video showing scenes of the Miami River. The river is both a commercial and recreational artery in the center the city of Miami. The amazing development of high rise apartment and office buildings provides a picturesque backdrop to the quiet haven of Lummus Park near downtown, from which many scenes were photographed. Sources for this video were the NikonD750 DSLR and 300mm f/3.5-5.6 camera, the Mavic 2 Pro drone, and the Osmo Action video camera, as well as the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max 4K video.Timelapse scenes were processed usingLRTimelapse5, and video was processed using Adobe Premiere Pro. Full screen and sound for best viewing. All comments welcomed.
Thats a lot of work. Appreciate you sharing some great stuff.

Thats a lot of work. Appreciate you sharing some great stuff.
Yes! But it's a great hobby for retirement! This 2:42 minute film was a project that required 2 full half days of shooting, and one evening of shooting. Each shoot required a one hour commute in each direction in heavy traffic. The processing required two full days from breakfast I until bedtime with meals and bathroom breaks sitting at the computer. I accumulated at least 65 GB of assets (stills, video camera, drone camera, timelapse camera), 4 camera sources (Nikon DSLR for timelapse, Mavic 2 pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and Osmo Action video).

Yes! But it's a great hobby for retirement! This 2:42 minute film was a project that required 2 full half days of shooting, and one evening of shooting. Each shoot required a one hour commute in each direction in heavy traffic. The processing required two full days from breakfast I until bedtime with meals and bathroom breaks sitting at the computer. I accumulated at least 65 GB of assets (stills, video camera, drone camera, timelapse camera), 4 camera sources (Nikon DSLR for timelapse, Mavic 2 pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and Osmo Action video).
I can fully appreciate that. I will be 70 next month so first I understand the bathroom breaks, and, as an astro photographer hours of exposure and more time processing is what it takes to get deep space photos, like my icon left.
So yes, great effort and great work.

I can fully appreciate that. I will be 70 next month so first I understand the bathroom breaks, and, as an astro photographer hours of exposure and more time processing is what it takes to get deep space photos, like my icon left.
So yes, great effort and great work.
Happy birthday. I do like the Icon or avatar. I took a workshop in astro photography but cannot us it in the ambient light so South Florida so I try to wait for trips to dark skies and schedule them for new moons.

Nice work. Man-oh-man, those boats go fast on that river! ;-)
Not really David. That's my effort to reduce the time of the video. The time lapse clips are normally fast, otherwise the clouds would not move.If anything, I try to slow some of them down with the software in Premiere Pro. It is the timelapse that you are seeing. The river has strict speed limits, no wake allowed, and they need to avoid manatees which actually live in this river.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki