DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miami TFR. Stay on the ground please.

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Somebody please tell me how flying a drone around the site would keep the crew from doing their jobs

1) Flying over the site of an incident (generall) causes distraction.
2) At the same time, the use of drones and/or other flying devices by rescueworkers (using heatsensors as an example) might be endangered by drone that is not part of the rescue operation.
3) Footage of the site might expose victims before their family is informed about what happened. Not good to hear about a fatality on youtube or facebook.
4) There is a TFR for the area. That simply means, that as a responsible operator you DO NOT FLY there.

Somebody please tell me how flying a drone around the site would keep the crew from doing their jobs
Because the work there is intense, as well as emotional.

There are times when all work is stopped in order to utilize sensitive listening equipment. Also, there are Miami-Dade PD drones in the air. Having some local yahoo or overzealous drone pilot buzzing their drone around, and likely BVLOS, is a recipe for disaster.

And you also have the occasion when remains are found, and the sensitive nature of those operations have no business going viral.

It's a TFR for a good reason. Arguing against it is nonsensical. There is a process in place for legitimate news agencies to follow in order to get permission to fly the area. And even those will have stipulations in place.

Last edited:
Trust me, back then there were horrific views of the dead.
Very few victims were found complete, most of them had atrocious injuries or were scattered among many body parts. That is what a relative who is a rescue worker told us.

I’m sure most people would have liked to assist as I am sure that a few vultures would have been scavenging / looking for distressing and morbid pics of somebody else’s loved ones, for money of course.

The red area was quite large, not sure why, but I know of a few flyers who were able to fly during the first 10-18 Hours.

The area is cleared for take off now.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I am honestly not trying to push anyone's buttons....but you have been on the site for almost 2 years ...I can only think that the answers to your question should be obvious ...and if it is not...then you should look into the regulations and etiquette of flying UAS

Reactions: umanbean
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial