DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro USB........

You understood correctly. Here is a picture of the mavic pro and the mavic 2 controllers side-by-side both with our beloved magnetic connector plugs happily in their fragile Micro USB ports. ...so happy together

View attachment 52667

Says the M2 to the MP controller, " Is that a controller stick or are you just happy to see me?"
if you take the magnetic piece out a look at the ports they will be difference mine are

if you take the magnetic piece out a look at the ports they will be difference mine are

Please take a picture of yours.

My point is that even if the ports are shaped differently, the magnetic cables fit in both. The cables are MicroUSB and the port is designed for Micro USB cables.

Reactions: BIGLUG24
Ah there is a difference. The M2 port accepts Micro USB square or Micro USB beveled Micro USB cables. Same same but more variety in cable shape it will accept, as long as the cable is Micro USB.

Touche!

Ok. I got it now.
I think o_O

Reactions: Former Member
Reactions: Kingram

My point is that even if the ports are shaped differently, the magnetic cables fit in both. The cables are MicroUSB and the port is designed for Micro USB cables.
Thanks for the reply your right but if they did not stay in and were being put in and out every charge you would be replaceing
the port very fast. Useing the Magnets is the best way to charge your controllers

You understood correctly. Here is a picture of the mavic pro and the mavic 2 controllers side-by-side both with our beloved magnetic connector plugs happily in their fragile Micro USB ports. ...so happy together

View attachment 52667

Says the M2 to the MP controller, " Is that a controller stick or are you just happy to see me?"
Hi Thunderdrones - any chance you can show a photo like this with the NetDot magnetic adapters removed from the USB ports (so we can see if both are the same 'rectangular box with offset tongue' type mini-USB)? Thanks

The confusing thing here is that there are actually two Micro USB standards. Micro-A and Micro-B:
MicroUSB_AB.jpg
The more common standard used in earlier Android phones and tablets (before USB-C) is the Micro-B type (with the 45 degree corners). DJI have chosen the Micro-A standard for their controller and not only is their RC controller charging socket Micro-A, but the short cables supplied to go between the RC controller and Apple/Android phones, also have [male] Micro-A type USB plugs on them. While it is possible to put a Micro-B type plug into a Micro-A type socket both the right and wrong way (even though the wrong way will stress and break it!) - it is only possible to put a Micro-A plug into a Micro-A socket one-way-round. Maybe that's DJI's logic on this choice of hardware and why they don't accept warranty claims for this type of damage i.e. if you use the DJI supplied connector, then it won't break - but then, they don't supply a 'correct termination' charging cable for the controller - which should ideally be USB 2.0 plug to Micro USB type A plug ...
If you Google 'USB Micro type A' on Amazon, you'll see that the search engine ignores the difference and shows type B connectors, so it's not easy to even buy a Micro-A type charging cable.

Reactions: JimP Florida
Is this what you are wanting to see, sorry picture not good was in a hurry .

IMG_1955.jpeg

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Reactions: BIGLUG24
Well the charging cords with both my MP and M 2 look like type-b.

Well the charging cords with both my MP and M 2 look like type-b.
I'd be surprised if they weren't ... I've found only one Googled result from a German company when I've searched for a cable that would go from the DJI charger USB 2.0 port, to the controller Micro-A type. I've put a small spot of paint on my Micro-B cable to remind me which way is up!

Reactions: dirkclod
I'd be surprised if they weren't ... I've found only one Googled result from a German company when I've searched for a cable that would go from the DJI charger USB 2.0 port, to the controller Micro-A type. I've put a small spot of paint on my Micro-B cable to remind me which way is up!
I did also but with fingernail polish but saw those magnetic ones and thought ..why not :)
Got to keep putting stuff in my Amazon cart for the wife to get me for my birthday this month .
She gonna shake that head too as I needed a couple of extra batteries for my Pro 2 :oops:

Reactions: Aumoe
Thanks - yes - that's enough to confirm that the connectors on both controllers are Micro USB type A - so this is not a problem that goes away with the Mavic 2.
You can see there the one on the left looks to be damaged some what that's the way mine look when it stopped charging
and had to send in for repairs and pay 76.00 US Dollars for the replacement.

View attachment 52667

And you never had a problem with these being magnetic?

The magnetic bit is in the cable end. The small connector piece is just metal. So there is no magnetic piece near the controller when it's in use, or not being charged.

You can see there the one on the left looks to be damaged some what that's the way mine look when it stopped charging
and had to send in for repairs and pay 76.00 US Dollars for the replacement.
IMG_7305.JPG I see no damage and works fine .So far ..fingers crossed..
From the link I posted that was asked and Thunderdrones replied with this
I've been using these cables since August for charging, and I havent noticed any problems with any of the controllers I use them for. None of them have required calibration, and there were no adverse control effects on the aircraft.

After I started using these cables for charging, I had the same worry that you mentioned. Will the cables magnetism affect the sticks magnetic fields? After a couple of weeks using the cables and not noticing any problems, I actually took a huge magnet, and ran it over the top sides and back of one of my controllers to see how it would affect the sticks fields. I ran the magnet slowly over both sticks with the Mavic powered on and off , and to my surprise, neither of the sticks were affected. This magnet I used is 50 times the size of the magnet on the end of the cable. After this experiment, I wasn't so worried any more about the cables magnetic interference. I got no controller errors, and the controller calibrated just fine after the experiment.

All I can think of is that the shielding that the factory provides to protect the sticks from outside magnetic interference works really well. So does the shielding that protects compass #1 from internal interference.

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio