DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Military-Style Mavic -Snipe Nano UAS

DroneTone

Reactions
Here's an interesting link to AeroVironment, a UAS maker and supplier to the military.
Check out their Snipe Nano UAS, looks quite a bit like a Mavic...

Visit Aerovironment Inc.

Reactions: hychewright
That thing is only 5 ounces, ~1/3 lb. I think the mavic is ~1.25 lb. So I imagine that the snipe nano is way smaller.

Yes it is smaller, probably more similar to the soon-to-be released DJI Spark.
I also like that they claim it is inaudible at 100 ft. altitude.

Nice little stealth drone, must be made out of some secret light weight Military grade material?

Dji is NOT the leader in drone technology , only what us mere civilians can aquire .

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
A totally stealthy drone will happen, the size of your fist, silent, and soft like a bird so that it could land in a baby carriage and not even wake the kid up. And as long as I'm blue skying, 6 4K/120fps 12 bit cameras taking continuous spherical panos. Price: $299 US. Availability: we'll get back to you on that.

Well that and it has a cord to the ground? Right? Or am I seeing that wrong?

I noticed that too, it's not a tether like on some CyPhy drones. I suspect it is a long antenna because of the frequency being used to control it (think of the difference in size between the cloverleaf style 5.8ghz antenna vs a 1.3ghz) also when the guy bent the antennas on the GCS, the looked like they were plain dipoles. You don't want some guy to have to worry about directional antenna.

Here's an interesting link to AeroVironment, a UAS maker and supplier to the military.
Check out their Snipe Nano UAS, looks quite a bit like a Mavic...

Visit Aerovironment Inc.
Love it. Does it come with onboard antipersonnel features?
Looks like it could shoot lasers from its eyes.

We have a DARPA facility here next to a Robotics school that I have been to a few times . The guards will watch you from across the lawn when you go outside to take a break and discourage cell phone camera use . They have a test track outside where a autonomous tracked vehicle is tested making decisions on it own . Underground they are working on fully autonomous tiny drones that can zip in and out windows/doors of buildings at 45 mph gathering surveillance in real time while avoiding obstacles . This was back in 2012 .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123