DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 AC Lost connection - Won't pair or turn off

NoviceKNOWnot

Reactions
My mini 2 won't connect to the RC or app.
I can't seem to get it to pair, or even to go into pairing mode. (Press and hold power button for 4 seconds until AC beeps and power battery indicator flashes)
I've contacting DJI's chat support, and they were responsive and helpful.
Unfortunately, none of the advise they gave has helped.
They suggested downloading the Assistant 2 and updating the firmware that way.
That didn't work.
They suggested a different way of putting the controller into pairing mode. (Through the hard buttons)
That didn't work.

The "Aircraft Status Indicator" is blinking yellow and quickly.
According to the manual it means - "Remote Control Signal Lost"
Another very strange element to this whole thing, I can't shut the AC off. (One short push, and long hold of power button)
I have to pull the battery out.
This happens the same on all 3 battery's.
All 3 battery's are fully charged, and the RC is fully charged as well.

Please, I hope someone has some ideas!
There has to be more I can do or try to do. It's under warranty at least, so if you guys can't help I'll try to insist they let me send it back for warranty repair.

If it's still under warranty the smart thing to do is send it back for a replacement.
If you have tried the connection remedies offered by DJI and there is a power switch problem then the AC is faulty.

Reactions: Capt KO
The time i had a similar thing happen it was after a firmware update. I guess having patchy wifi here corrupted the file while it was downloading. It took a couole of goes to get it to install properly. I read somewhere on here recently that some have had issues with battery firmware updates but if you are having the same issue with 3 separate batteries, i figure it is not likely to be your issue.

Try powering on without an SD card installed. Also try firmware update/refresh without a card.

When Mini 1 first came out, a firmware shortly after would seem to get the AC stuck like this, where powering on without SD fixed it.

There are logs placed on the SD card, so I suspect the firmware update didn't know how to make sense of the logs, so it would hang there.
The MA2 has internal storage so you can also try reformatting it using PC, if the internal storage shows up on the PC in the AC's current state.

My mini 2 won't connect to the RC or app.
I can't seem to get it to pair, or even to go into pairing mode. (Press and hold power button for 4 seconds until AC beeps and power battery indicator flashes)
I've contacting DJI's chat support, and they were responsive and helpful.
Unfortunately, none of the advise they gave has helped.
They suggested downloading the Assistant 2 and updating the firmware that way.
That didn't work.
They suggested a different way of putting the controller into pairing mode. (Through the hard buttons)
That didn't work.

The "Aircraft Status Indicator" is blinking yellow and quickly.
According to the manual it means - "Remote Control Signal Lost"
Another very strange element to this whole thing, I can't shut the AC off. (One short push, and long hold of power button)
I have to pull the battery out.
This happens the same on all 3 battery's.
All 3 battery's are fully charged, and the RC is fully charged as well.

Please, I hope someone has some ideas!
There has to be more I can do or try to do. It's under warranty at least, so if you guys can't help I'll try to insist they let me send it back for warranty repair.
Hi........I have the Same Problem with my MINI-2, just started have this problem a couple days ago when I wanted to fly. I have updated only 1 of the Upgrades DJI posted. This is what I found out after taking with DJI Support(which I think Stinks for what I paid for the MINI-2.
1. Same problem with not being able to Shut down the Aircraft, I just do what you did....pull the battery.
2. DJI sent me a Video(youtube) and in the email said follow the instructions on the Video....did not work.
3. I can't download a new DJI Fly App... I go to the proper Web Site for DJI and the DJI Fly app appears on the top of the Page with the word "OPEN" not download.
4. I contact DJI Support in California or China were ever they are located this other guy send me link to the downloads page....Guess What?? yes there it is again with OPEN.
5. I also own the MA2 which I hope does not have any problems.
6 After to many phonecalls and various emails I decided to Send the MM2 back to California, DJI has a page that you can fill out the forms....photo copy your receipt and get the Aircraft SN so without either of these you can get to the UPS page to print out the Return Label. Also....Make sure you take photos of all of the documents you fill out , some of them like your Purchase date and Receipt will need to be sent along with the Aircraft. Oh Ya....take the battery out and the Props off if you decide to send it back. I will drop off the Box today at one of the UPS sites. Let me know how you make out... I tried the Pairing as well and of course it Timed out. Its Going Back!!... Ron

Hello, I'm having a similar problem. Aircraft was flying perfectly fine yesterday and today it won't connect to rc or to the computer or even charge with the battery inside, and after powering on it won't turn off unless I pull the battery out. Only been a month since I got the drone, bummer to say the least. Anyone got any suggestions which might work? I've contacted the offical support but no word yet, maybe because it's the weekend.

Hi.....your in for a Long Haul if your problem looks anything like the one I had, which yours does.
When I say "a long Haul" I mean at least 2 weeks. I suggest this for openers:
1. Find your closest DJI Office, they one where your MM2 was shipped from, its probably on your
documents or paper work that came with the MM2, assuming you purchased it NEW.
Feel good.....you MM2 is still under Warranty.
2. Things that you can do Now:. Find out what version of the FLY APP you are currently using on your Phone. Write down the Version and the UP Date Patch number you are using. You will want to refer to this in the future when your MM2 returns from the DJI repair shop. Delete your Fly App from your Phone !! or Ipad. Thats why you don't see
the "Download" page for the Fly App.... Only the OPEN option.

3. Remove your Micro SD Card it should be the 32 or 64gb Extreme Version.
4. Remove the current Battery out of the MM2....you have 3 so just make sure the other 2 are charged.
4A. Put a sticky note or blue tape on the Battery that you removed from the MM2 during the problem.

5. Start finding some Packing Material like bubble-wrap because you will more than Likely be shipping your MM2 back the DJI Office. PS: when I shipped my MM2 back to the DJI repair site I used the Same Box that it came in ....the white Box. Take a sharpie and write this: "PLEASE RETURN MY MM2 IN THIS BOX WHEN YOU RETURN IT." PS: they did send the MM2 back in my Box and not a new one.

Just Info: When my MM2 returned from the Repair Shop it WORKED 100%. The DJI Shop will make
your MM2 work like a charm....no more Messages like "Unable to Pair" Try again...etc.
The MM2 has been solid ever since. If they announce that their is a new Version of the Fly App...I
don't do a thing with it, for at least 4 months after the Announcement. Let DJI find the problems
with the version and not the customers.
DJI here in the States work 7 days a week in the Customer Support for these Drones.....PPS: Take notes on your Conversations with DJI Support, you never get the same person twice, so Your notes will help you and them understand your issues better. Thats my Take on the MM2 episode with DJI Support in California. Hope you get your Drone back soon...Ron

Hi.....your in for a Long Haul if your problem looks anything like the one I had, which yours does.
When I say "a long Haul" I mean at least 2 weeks. I suggest this for openers:
1. Find your closest DJI Office, they one where your MM2 was shipped from, its probably on your
documents or paper work that came with the MM2, assuming you purchased it NEW.
Feel good.....you MM2 is still under Warranty.
2. Things that you can do Now:. Find out what version of the FLY APP you are currently using on your Phone. Write down the Version and the UP Date Patch number you are using. You will want to refer to this in the future when your MM2 returns from the DJI repair shop. Delete your Fly App from your Phone !! or Ipad. Thats why you don't see
the "Download" page for the Fly App.... Only the OPEN option.

3. Remove your Micro SD Card it should be the 32 or 64gb Extreme Version.
4. Remove the current Battery out of the MM2....you have 3 so just make sure the other 2 are charged.
4A. Put a sticky note or blue tape on the Battery that you removed from the MM2 during the problem.

5. Start finding some Packing Material like bubble-wrap because you will more than Likely be shipping your MM2 back the DJI Office. PS: when I shipped my MM2 back to the DJI repair site I used the Same Box that it came in ....the white Box. Take a sharpie and write this: "PLEASE RETURN MY MM2 IN THIS BOX WHEN YOU RETURN IT." PS: they did send the MM2 back in my Box and not a new one.

Just Info: When my MM2 returned from the Repair Shop it WORKED 100%. The DJI Shop will make
your MM2 work like a charm....no more Messages like "Unable to Pair" Try again...etc.
The MM2 has been solid ever since. If they announce that their is a new Version of the Fly App...I
don't do a thing with it, for at least 4 months after the Announcement. Let DJI find the problems
with the version and not the customers.
DJI here in the States work 7 days a week in the Customer Support for these Drones.....PPS: Take notes on your Conversations with DJI Support, you never get the same person twice, so Your notes will help you and them understand your issues better. Thats my Take on the MM2 episode with DJI Support in California. Hope you get your Drone back soon...Ron
Thanks for your message, and apologies for my late reply, I didn't realise that I had a reply to the message until now. I spoke with the customer care and unfortunately, the official service center in my country 'doesn't support' the mini 2, so I won't be able to get it fixed from them apparently. Really clueless what to do now. I don't even know what exactly is the cause of the issue but I've seen a couple of threads here mentioning the exact same issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS