DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 ans Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8"

It does have wifi internet but it doesn't really matter with no compass, if you look at map bottom left you can see where the drone is and if you've lost sight of it just follow the blue line back home and if you know the area you can see where it is and point controller towards it, I've been using the Samsung 8 for the last 4-5 months and had no problems at all
I did not said it will not work, but when there is no compass, and you lost the sight to the drone, you are not able to point the RC to her. When the drone is away, the correct pointing of the RC is critically important for the signal stability. If there was no need of compass, DJI would not make this option. You can fly the aircraft without the screen of the phone, but you are using it, right?

I did not said it will not work, but when there is no compass, and you lost the sight to the drone, you are not able to point the RC to her. When the drone is away, the correct pointing of the RC is critically important for the signal stability. If there was no need of compass, DJI would not make this option. You can fly the aircraft without the screen of the phone, but you are using it, right?
I've been flying drones for at least 10 years, home made ones and 3 DJI drones, it's only the mini 2 I've got that has the "OPTION" of useing a compass.
and only once did I have to use the screen to fly it back to me even though I knew where it was, it was about maybe 150 mts away but the sun came out from behing the cloud right in line with me and the mini, all I done was to look at the screen bottom left and flew it back to me following the blue line, easy, I've always known where my drone was in the long time I've been flying,
now the law states that you should always fly in VLOS so sticking to the rules you should never need a compass

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I've been flying drones for at least 10 years, home made ones and 3 DJI drones, it's only the mini 2 I've got that has the "OPTION" of useing a compass.
and only once did I have to use the screen to fly it back to me even though I knew where it was, it was about maybe 150 mts away but the sun came out from behing the cloud right in line with me and the mini, all I done was to look at the screen bottom left and flew it back to me following the blue line, easy, I've always known where my drone was in the long time I've been flying,
now the law states that you should always fly in VLOS so sticking to the rules you should never need a compass
Sticking to the rules you shoud never drive your car with more than 70 m/h but you still looking for car with powerfull engine and big speed availability. The fact is this tablet just cuts your options, admit it and thats all. You may be fine with this but others may be not. Saying that this device is perfect is not true, your opinion simple misleading...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d