DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 ans Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8"

Reactions
I am struggling with connecting my new my Mini 2 to my Galaxy Tab A 8" running android 10. I purchased an OTG USB C to USB Micro cable as the supplied one is not long enough but connects perfectly. Does anyone have a suggestion for a cable which will work. DJI help has been useless and say, as my tablet isn't listed, it may not work, it clearly does with DJI's own connector but not with non OE ones ?? Any clues ?? many thanks

I use a galaxy tab A 8" as well and the supplied dji cable does work without putting any strain on the cable or sockets I have a longer one as well as a spare, do you have the cable into the controller coming out to the right, shortest distance,
this is the longer cable I got off ebay works ok ,

eBay item number:

I use a galaxy tab A 8" as well and the supplied dji cable does work without putting any strain on the cable or sockets I have a longer one as well as a spare, do you have the cable into the controller coming out to the right, shortest distance,

eBay item number:
teccer, Thanks for that. The thing I have to mount the Tab A to the RC means the tablet is too far away from the RC mount, what do you use to attach the tablet to the RC ???

Thanks, looks as though it has sold out but I think I found what is needed, appreciate the hint.
no problem,
I expect there's many more on ebay so go get it,:), easy to fit but I leave mine on all the time as I've
got a slightly bigger carrying bag

are you sure you've got the samsung tablet A 8" not the 10" because this is my 8" tablet and as you see the OM cable fits perfectly without any strain on the cable

Attachments

• 20210508_221527_resized.jpg
    20210508_221527_resized.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 29
Sorry, don't know how " not" got in there. Works just fine, unlike my phone trying to anticipate what I am trying to do. Again, appreciate your help.

eBay item number:
Hi teccer, Could you give me de complete specification of your Galaxy Tab A8 (ex. SM-T290, u other..) . I saw differents post about uncompatibilities according model of this Tablet. Thanks

Hi my tablet is Galaxy Tab A (8.0", 2019)
model number SM-T290
S number r9wnc276m3j

works perfectly with dji fly

Hi my tablet is Galaxy Tab A (8.0", 2019)
model number SM-T290
S number r9wnc276m3j

works perfectly with dji fly
It will work, but definitely not perfect...there is no compass chip on this tablet, so it not works perfect..the orientation will not work....

It will work, but definitely not perfect...there is no compass chip on this tablet, so it not works perfect..the orientation will not work....
This is a point of interest to me, if the tablet does not have a compass, and also does not have an internet connection, what is the limitation we have on flights ?

This is a point of interest to me, if the tablet does not have a compass, and also does not have an internet connection, what is the limitation we have on flights ?
No need Internet connection, but compass is needed becouse of this (TIME 4:50) video...

No need Internet connection, but compass is needed becouse of this (TIME 4:50) video...
It does have wifi internet but it doesn't really matter with no compass, if you look at map bottom left you can see where the drone is and if you've lost sight of it just follow the blue line back home and if you know the area you can see where it is and point controller towards it, I've been using the Samsung 8 for the last 4-5 months and had no problems at all

Reactions: Bruchpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN