DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Arrived.....Wow...because......

Nakita Mosquita

Reactions
...it is so much more intuitive to fly than the Mavic Air. The app is WONDERFUL in my opinion. My comparison is to my Mavic Air which is cumbersome to switch camera and video modes hidden away in the app menus. The mini 2 and Go Fly app allows me to spend more time composing and flying and less air time (maybe 13 minutes set to RTH at 30%). No more do I have to worry about how little time I have before I have to return home. 13 minutes just doesn't do it .I love the zoom feature (4x), shooting 2.7 K at 60 fps, offloading video and photos via bluetooth without cabling to the drone, the absence of the swarming bees (so much quieter even with the Mastercraft props). The controller though larger is much improved to hold my phone (with any size case) and no more floppy antennas to point. My mini 2 arrived this am ...it was -25 Celcius this morning. The setup was quick and firmware update flawless. I couldn't wait until Thursday when it warms to -5 Celcius so I flew it to-day (3 times) at -20 Celcius. No issues!! Switching between flight modes right on the controller is so quick and easy! DJI has nailed it again. Have had the MA for just over 2 years and it flew in Kaui, Roatan and throughout Ontario. It was the drone of the day but sadly, it will be a bit easier to part with it before it becomes obsolete.IMG_4514.jpeg

Attachments

• Photo_6553611_DJI_11_jpg_3895971_0_2021119151058_photo_original.JPG
    Photo_6553611_DJI_11_jpg_3895971_0_2021119151058_photo_original.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
I'd like to correct you on RTH.
When RTH kicks in due to low battery is calculated continuously based on distance and some other factors. You can't control the RTH threshold.

You CAN set the low battery warning. That doesn't do anything other than visually and by sound that the battery has reached the level you set.

It has been that way since P3 although with P3 you could set critical battery landing which defaulted to the minimum setting of 10%.

You should be able to get over 20 minutes of flight if you allow it to reach low battery RTH.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
I'd like to correct you on RTH.
When RTH kicks in due to low battery is calculated continuously based on distance and some other factors. You can't control the RTH threshold.

You CAN set the low battery warning. That doesn't do anything other than visually and by sound that the battery has reached the level you set.

It has been that way since P3 although with P3 you could set critical battery landing which defaulted to the minimum setting of 10%.
Cool.
Since he already said he's selling his Air 1, I'd like to point out that you can NOT adjust the low battery warning in the DJI Fly app, which is what his new Mini 2 uses, as it begins at 20%.

I sincerely wish you could adjust it, or at least had the ability to silence the 20% low battery alarm, or even lower the volume. One of the things I try to avoid every flight is calling attention to myself. Nothing gets everyone in the vicinity to gawk at you suspiciously, as well as call attention to the landing drone they likely didn't even know you were flying, quite like an obnoxiously loud non-stop beeping.

Cool.
Since he already said he's selling his Air 1, I'd like to point out that you can NOT adjust the low battery warning in the DJI Fly app, which is what his new Mini 2 uses, as it begins at 20%.

I sincerely wish you could adjust it, or at least had the ability to silence the 20% low battery alarm, or even lower the volume. One of the things I try to avoid every flight is calling attention to myself. Nothing gets everyone in the vicinity to gawk at you suspiciously, as well as call attention to the landing drone they likely didn't even know you were flying, quite like an obnoxiously loud non-stop beeping.
The internal Mini 2/MA2 speaker can easily be silenced or muted by drilling a small hole through the top of the RC case and inserting a Q-tip shaft against the silver transducer. Check out YT tear downs of the RC for purposes of installing external antennas for the location of exactly where to drill. Worked like a charm on the Mavic 2 RC, too!

Hi Nakita. I couldn't agree more when you say how easy it is to fly - and that this frees you up to focus on composition. We only fly for work and - good light taken for granted - the biggest consideration is getting a stunning composition so as to best execute your idea.

Hi Nakita. I couldn't agree more when you say how easy it is to fly - and that this frees you up to focus on composition. We only fly for work and - good light taken for granted - the biggest consideration is getting a stunning composition so as to best execute your idea.
After over 2 years with many hours of flight time and tons of video and images, I hated wasting my battery life and time fidgeting and drilling down in to the camera settings with the Mavic. The mini is not an air inasmuch as the materials are concerned but that is the tradeoff to get to 249 grams. The test will be image quality and ability to stay in the air wtih wind gusts.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Put her up again to-day several times. -20 Celcius, snowing lightly and 35 kph wind gusts. What a little trooper! I just made the decision to buy the 2 yr Care Refresh. Without the Mavic Air sensors, a greater risk.C3F302FA-1B49-48C0-8DC3-6427ED242F2E.jpeg

Reactions: TheDude
I have both the MA and MM2 - I like them both however the MA can run Litchi and the MM2 can not. For me that is a big downside. The MA is way easier to switch from camera to video as each has it's own button. On the MM2 you have to look down at the screen to verify which mode you are in, on the MA left bottom is video right is camera no looking required. No sensors on the MM2 but I am OK with that and in general prefer no sensors. What I am saying here is both are fine and in my opinion basically equal.

I have both the MA and MM2 - I like them both however the MA can run Litchi and the MM2 can not. For me that is a big downside. The MA is way easier to switch from camera to video as each has it's own button. On the MM2 you have to look down at the screen to verify which mode you are in, on the MA left bottom is video right is camera no looking required. No sensors on the MM2 but I am OK with that and in general prefer no sensors. What I am saying here is both are fine and in my opinion basically equal.
They are equalish until you get about a hundred yards away, then the Mini 2 shines with its occusync transmission that in my experience is good for 2 miles in the city as opposed to the .75 miles that the Air and it's "Enhanced WiFi" can get.

Reactions: NG Wildman
I agree occusync is the way however I have never lost connection with the MA and here again everyone goes nuts over VLOS but wants to fly many miles from the home location and well beyond VLOS. At any rate both top notch drones

I just made the decision to buy the 2 yr Care Refresh. Without the Mavic Air sensors, a greater risk.

Statistically it is more likely to lose your drone than to crash it and recover it.

I believe it is wiser to purchase the Care Refresh 1 year (2 replacements) and if you still have the drone in one year time and at least one replacement left, then you can extend for one more year and one more replacement ;)

We've never used Care Refresh and never crashed or had even a minor accident. The best insurance policy? Your brain (when switched on).

We've never used Care Refresh and never crashed or had even a minor accident. The best insurance policy? Your brain (when switched on).
While there's part of me that fully agrees with you...I being 71 creates some issues that weren't there when younger. We usually travel lots and I tend to take some chances to get those great shots. If **** happens while in a different country, I can see merit in getting it replaced quickly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu